- According to the fire department, the FIRE~! last night in Orlando started when a burlap bag used as a ballast was ignited by a hot light. One Universal Studios employee ended up being hospitalized for smoke inhalation.
- In some pretty big news, at least two of the WWE shows in Mexico have been moved to smaller venues. The September 20th show at the 50,000-seat Plaza de Toros has been moved to the 20,000-seat Palacio De Los Deportes, and the September 23rd show at the 18,000-seat Arena Monterrey has been moved to the 14,000-seat Plaza de Toro Monumental. Turns out that not only was WWE sending the non-Latino Raw crew, but they weren't even sending Rey Misterio. I cannot make up the arrogance of this promotion. [Thanks to Steve Sims]
- Raw tonight features the return of Hulk Hogan after a terrifying near-career-ending knee injury that caused him to miss last week's drug-tested Raw show. He'll be confronting Randy Orton about SummerSlam. DX and the McMahons will do a bunch of stuff to try to put heat on their very cold program. JT Titty will probably be axed from the Diva Search. That's pretty much all we know thus far, though if we hear of any other matches we'll post them here on the main page later today.
- Chavo vs. Rey Jr. has been added to SummerSlam. They announced this on the INTERNET.
- First-ever NZPWI Invitational from Saturday night in Auckland, New Zealand before 450 fans: Lil T b Lyte Playa, Sweet Ass b Davey Deluxeo, H-Flame b Joey Kinkade, Alfred Valentine b Juice, Jon E. King b Cruz, Sweet Ass b H-Flame, Valentine b King, Jean Miracle won a 20-man rumble, Valentine b Sweet Ass to win tournament, trophy presented by NZ wrestling legend John Da Silva. The crowd was the biggest for a New Zealand wrestling promotion for 20 years. I love that Sweet Ass went to the finals. Thanks to the OST.
- Arena Coliseo from yesterday courtesy Kris Zellner: Artillero & Super Comando beat Molotov & Sombra de Plata; Leono/Tony Rivera/Stuka Jr. defeated Arkangel de la Muerte/Hooligan/Loco Max; Torneo Cibernetico: Volador Jr. eliminated Misterioso II to win. Other participants: Dr. X/Mascara Purpura/Virus/Apocalipsis/Satanico/Hombre sin Nombre/Sangre Azteca/La Mascara; Mascara contra Mascara: India Sioux beat Medusa who unmasked as Angelica Avila Lopez, 30-years-old, from Tijuana with 8 years of experience; Los Guerreros del Atlantida (Atlantis/Black Warrior/Olimpico) defeated Blue Panther/Dos Caras Jr./Mistico when El Black fouled Dos behind the ref’s back.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news from this site or from our newsletters, please include a link to www.f4wonline.com as opposed to "From F4W", "From Figure Four Weekly" or derivatives. Thank you!
For the most in-depth and detailed news and analysis on pro-wrestling and MMA, always turn to the Figure Four Weekly newsletter and Figure Four Daily radio show! Become a member of F4Wonline.com and get the absolute latest insider news and commentary from WWE, TNA, UFC, PRIDE, ROH, K-1, all the independents, Japan, Mexico and so much more, all for as little as $1.20 per week. Members get complete newsletter, radio show (Figure Four Daily, Bryan & Vinny, and Adam & Mike), Mike Coughlin, Keith Lipinski and Derek Burgan Archives, plus the brand new VINNY'S BLOG~! and complete access to our news, interview and TV/DVD archives dating back to 2005. For your convenience, we offer secure online payments using your VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover card or PayPal account. Don't miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Want full access within one minute? QUICK AND EASY $6.95 PAYPAL SIGN-UP!