- A number of TNA dudes "invaded" the WWE house show in Knoxville last night, including Jeremy Borash, Voodoo Kin Mafia, and Vince Russo. They had cameras and were filming vignettes outside the building with fans. I'm not sure if Russo actually got inside. VKM watched the main event from the cheap seats. Footage will likely air this Thursday on Impact, and the good news is that it won't be totally embarrassing because a number of fans at the show were fully aware of the VKM angle. I suppose that means only the most hardcore bother to attend WWE house shows these days.
- Smackdown did a 2.8 in the overnights.
- ECW PPV is tomorrow, and we'll have a complete rundown, as funny as that sounds, in Sunday's news update. As of last night, the page on WWE.com had this big blank area underneath the TWO matches announced thus far. In the Who Will Win poll, immediately after I voted, Lashley was at 35.60% and Punk was at 35.59%. So I may have swung the vote.
- In the ECW PPV e-mail WWE sent out, under the TWO MATCHES announced, it reads, seriously: "All this and much more!" ALL THIS!
- Sports Illustrated honored Vince McMahon in the My Sportsman page of the website for his decision to take the WWE guys to Baghdad for a show again this year. That show should be taped sometime this week, to air on Christmas.
- CM Punk claims the "CM" stands for "Chick Magnet". More intrigue here.
- In a correction from yesterday, the winner of Keiji Muto & Toshiaki Kawada vs. Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan faces RO'Z & Suwama in the Real World Tag League Finals tonight. UPDATE! From Dr. Keith: 2006 Real World Tag League finals: Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan defeated Kohei Suwama & RO'Z (24:21) when Kojima used a lariat on RO'Z for the win.
- Lance Storm, who will be our guest on Figure Four Daily this coming Friday (this should be a fun one) will be wrestling Christian tomorrow afternoon at 3:00 at Club 107/8 in Mississauga, ON. More info is here.
- Vinny will be joining Buddy, Apostle Paul and I at Caden Mathews' show tonight in Everett. We will be in the crowd hopefully making fun of Caden the whole night, so stop by and say hi! More info here.
- Does anyone know if the generic blonde on TNA was actually Goldilocks?
- Just Another Romantic Wrestling Comedy is out today, and you can get more info here. It stars Don Frye, which means it can't go wrong.
Note to webmasters/reporters: When recapping news from this site or from our newsletters, please include a link to www.f4wonline.com as opposed to "From F4W", "From Figure Four Weekly" or derivatives. Thank you!
For the most in-depth and detailed news and analysis on pro-wrestling and MMA, always turn to Figure Four Weekly Online! Become a member of F4Wonline.com and get the absolute latest insider news and commentary from WWE, TNA, UFC, PRIDE, CMLL, AAA, ROH, K-1, all the wrestling and MMA independents, Japan, and so much more, all for as little as $1.20 per week. Members get giant newsletter (250+ issues), radio show (150+ episodes of Figure Four Daily, The Bryan & Vinny Show, Mike Coughlin's Five Star Radio, and The Adam & Mike Big Audio Nightmare), Coughlin, Keith Lipinski, and Derek Burgan archives, the brand new VINNY'S BLOG~!, Bryan Alvarez's archived columns from Fighting Spirit Magazine and Penthouse, and complete access to our news, interview, and TV/DVD archives dating back to 2005. For your convenience, we offer secure online payments using your VISA, Mastercard, American Express, Discover card or PayPal account. Don't miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Want full access within one minute? QUICK AND EASY $6.95 PAYPAL SIGN-UP!