ROH Recap & Results 9-7 Birmingham, AL
Submitted from readersROH Road To Greatness: Night 2
- Birmingham, AL From Chris GST
**MAIN EVENT – RINGMASTER’S CHALLENGE MATCH**
- Tommaso Ciampa def Luke Hawx via Ciampa Bomb
- Kevin Steen def QT Marshall
- Michael Elgin def Raymond Rowe
- Michael Bennett def Davey Richards; Bennett tapped late
- Jay Lethal wins Proving Ground Match def ROH TV Champ Matt Taven, Lethal to challenge in Philly
- Proving Ground Instant Reward 4 Corner Tag
- ROH Tag Champs reDRagon def C & C, Adrenaline RUSH & Alabama Attitude to deny teams a title shot
- Fall 1 – Adam Cole defRoderick Strong via suplex
- Fall 2 – Strong def Cole via submission
- Fall 3- Roderick Strong takes first fall in Ironman
- - Adam Cole right back to take a fall. Even at 1-1
- - Cole strikes again to take 2-1 lead over
- - Adam Cole kills clock to defeat Roderick Strong, 2 falls to 1
Elgin cuts promo on Cole, hypes Death Before Dishonor in Philly & puts over ‘Bama crowd.
*****Submitted by Trae Wisecarver of Oxford, Mississippi
- Old school Alabama wrestler The Great Kaiser sang the National Anthem.
- Tommaso Ciampa beat Luke Hawx (8:55) with an avalanche-style Samoan drop. Ciampa was over.
- Kevin Steen beat QT Marshall (w/ his valet, whose name I did not catch) (6:29) with a Swanton bomb. Lots of heat for this match. Steen was very popular.
- Michael Elgin beat Raymond Rowe (10:50) with the Elgin Bomb. Elgin was over big, and got lots of "Next World Champ!" chants.
- Michael Bennett (w/ Maria Kanellis) beat Davey Richards (17:41) with a piledriver. Richards made Bennett tap to an Octopus Hold, but Maria distracted the referee leading to the finish. Good heat for this as well.
- Richards cut a promo after the match, referencing the rumors that he was going to "a company up north." He said that being the best wrestler in the world was more important than money, and warned Bennett that "the war is on."
- After intermission, a guy came out. He was Vice President of something, maybe the local TV affiliate. He was interrupted by Truth Martini. After some back and forth, Martini tried to hit the guy with the Book of Truth, but the guy ducked and gave him a stunner.
- Proving Ground Match: Jay Lethal beat Matt Taven (w/ Truth Martini and The Hoopla Hotties) (11:56) with the Lethal Injection to earn a TV title shot at Death Before Dishonor.
- Proving Ground Instant Reward Match: reDragon beat C&C Wrestle Factory, Alabama Attitide, and Adrenaline RUSH (12:55) when Fish pinned ACH after O'Reilly hit a brain buster. The stipulation was that if any team other than reDragon won, they would get an immediate World Tag Team title shot. Lots of action and dives galore in this match. Alabama Attitude were big sentimental favorites.
- Ringmaster's Challenge Match: Adam Cole beat Roderick Strong.
- Cole won the first fall (pinfall only) with the Florida Key (8:41).
- Strong won the second fall (submission only) with the Stronghold (2:38).
- Cole won the third fall (15 minute Iron Man Match) 2 falls to 1. Cole won his second fall at about 13 minutes and ran from Strong outside the ring to run out the clock.
- To close, Michael Elgin came back out to thank the fans. More "Next World Champ!" chants. He said he would win the title at Death Before Dishonor.
- This was ROH's first time in Birmingham, and even though the house wasn't huge, the show delivered big time. Good wrestling from top to bottom, my personal favorites being Richards/Bennett, the four-way tag, and the main event.
Send us a news tip: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to webmasters/reporters:
When recapping news from this site or from our newsletters, please include a link to www.wrestlingobserver.com
For the most in-depth and detailed news and analysis on pro-wrestling and MMA, always turn to Wrestlingobserver.com/Figure Four Weekly Online, the #1 website of its kind on the Internet.
Members receive online access to both the Wrestling Observer and Figure Four Weekly newsletters and growing archives, Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer three times per week,
the popular Bryan and Vinny Show twice per week, additional radio shows including Figure Four Daily with Alvarez, Mike Coughlin's Five Star Radio, the Dr.
Keith Lipinski Show, The Adam and Mike Big Audio Nightmare, Tough Talk and the Karl Stern Wrestling History Show, the infamous BOARD, and more! Members also have full
access to the thousands of hours of audio in our radio show archives which date back to 2005. For your convenience, we offer secure online payments using your VISA, Mastercard,
American Express, Discover card or PayPal account. Don't miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Don\'t miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Want full access? QUICK AND EASY $10.99 SIGNUP!