Thursday, 08 November 2012 16:05
By Pascal Fricker
Just came home from the Zurich WWE Smackdown houseshow – November 8,2012.
The Hallenstadion was about 65 % full. Less than previous years.
The show was not good to be honest - it wasn't terrible - but the in-ring quality wasn't really good. WWE has to be carefull not to lose some of the Europe markets with this kind of a product. There is definitely some need for more in-ring action - it was once called "pro-wrestling".
- Cool entrance stage.
- Ringside/Floor seats cost USD115.
- Show lasted almost 3 hours.
- Merchandise stands had 4 shirts - some Cena stuff and the ugly yellow Punk shirt.
- Most stuff looked pretty „fake“ to be honest.
Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara def. Prime Time Players
- Solid opener - nothing special, but not bad.
R-Truth def. El Local
- Match lasted around 20 seconds - awful. The little Jimmy act is bad on TV - but LIVE it's even worse. El Local kicking Little Jimmy was just sad - not even funny anymore.
Santino Marella def. Ted Dibiase
- Match sucked. They both suck nowadays - cheers and boos for both of them.
Kaytlin def. Nathalie Neidhart
- Better than the previous two matches - typical Diva match.
Randy Orton def. Alberto Del Rio
- Match of the night *** 1/4 . Good.
Wade Barrett def. Justin Gabriel
- Again - nothing special. Barrett insulting local hockey, soccer teams and Roger Federer was neat, though.
Antonio Cesaro def. Jack Swagger
- Match was okay - Antonio was the super over. Awesome. Big match feeling. No speech afterwards – bad.
Kofi Kingston def. The Miz
- Solid match - Miz had some fans. He's far away from beeing awesome in my book. Kofi is still Kofi – boring. Just plain boring. They had something there a few years ago against Orton and just recently on RAW – but I have the feeling they already dropped it. A fan threw beer at Miz in the ring and was thrown out.
Sheamus def. Big Show
- Same DQ finish like everywhere on this tour. Not bad, but - yet again - not really good. Would have put Antonio as the main-event, in this case.