Jimmy Snuka talks Tamina and a proposed match in the 80s with Hogan
Thursday, 10 January 2013 10:32
Arda Ocal of theScore Television Network and the Baltimore Sun recently spoke with WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka. Highlights:
- Why he decided to write an autobiography ("Superfly: The Jimmy Snuka Story") and open up about his use of drugs, adultery and pains in pro wrestling
- His ankle being healed and still taking bookings and wrestling
- His thoughts and feelings on what happened to his daughter Tamina in WWE and
"I taught both her and my son. At first they were using her pretty good, but all of a sudden they start (having her lose) and I thought 'what's going on here'? She hurt her wrist and was out for a while and now she's back again. She looks better than ever and I'm so proud of her. I tell her to put only one focus in your mind and take care of #1 and that's it".
- A possible return to WWE for his son Jimmy Snuka Jr.?
- The story on how Jimmy Snuka gave The Rock "The People's Eyebrow"
- How Snuka was supposed to become WWWF champion, beating Bob Backlund, and he initially postponed the idea but it never happened
- How he was supposed to turn heel and main event WrestleMania with Hulk Hogan and why that was kayboshed
"Vince McMahon came up to me and said 'we want you to turn heel'. I said 'OK, what's up brudda?' and Vince said he wanted me to wrestle Hulk Hogan and I said I loved it. I heard that Hogan later that 'I don't want to wrestle with that crazy maniac.' But I loved him anyway."
and much more.
Embed interview on your website: