Fandango vs. Miz to start off the show. Maybe 100 people Fandango-ing in arena but he got some good boos. Fandango wins with a big Russian leg sweep. He then gets on the mic and says his name. Miz comes back to beat him up and put him in the figure four.
It is then announced that you can go on twitter and vote #AJStays or #AJGoes in the Big E Langston vs. Alberto Del Rio match later in the night.
Justin Gabriel vs. Curt Hawkins - Gabriel wins win a springboard moonsault off the top rope.
Aksana vs Natalya - Big pop for Nattie. Not a great match but they tried. Natalya wins with the sharpshooter which was VERY over!
Big E Langston vs. Alberto Del Rio w/ Ricardo - Average cheers for Alberto. Everyone did the intro with Ricardo though. He's more over than ADR. Big E was put in the arm bar and picked up Alberto which was like the Rampage/Arona powerbomb spot from Pride. Alberto eventually gets the armbar on him again and Big E taps out. After the match, Ricardo gets on the mic and says it's Alberto's birthday today and everyone sang "happy birthday". ADR hugs Ricardo and they leave.
Brodus Clay w/ only Naomi vs. Darren Young - Boring match with Brodus winning with a splash. Titus was waiting on the stage and as the 3 count happens, he runs down and beats down Brodus. Sweet T then runs down and beats on Titus. It is then announced we get Tons of Funk vs. Primetime Players in a tag team match. Funk beats Players with the double splash and then dance in the ring.
Heath Slater vs. Sin Cara - No botches. Sin Cara wins with the top rope senton.
Wade Barrett vs. Sheamus for the IC title - Barrett gets DQ'ed when he hits Sheamus with the title after a pretty good match. Sheamus then hits the Brogue Kick and sends the fans home happy.
Here are the results for the Regina, Saskatchewan WWE Smackdown house show on Saturday, May 25:
1. Fandango (w/Summer Rae) pinned The Miz clean after a Russian legsweep. Fun match as the crowd was really excited for the show and both guys played to the crowd well. After the match, Fandango tried to attack Miz, but Miz caught him and got him to tap to the figure-four.
2. Justin Gabriel pinned Curt Hawkins after a springboard moonsault (think Lionsault, but from the top rope instead of the middle).
3. Natalya beat Aksana with the Sharpshooter.
4. In the "fan's choice" match, Alberto Del Rio (w/Ricardo Rodriguez) beat Big E Langston (w/AJ Lee) with the cross armbreaker. Fans got to vote on whether or not AJ should be allowed at ringside. There was a funny spot when it was announced that she could stay - first she jumped into the referee's arms, then into the ring announcer's arms, and finally offered Langston a congratulatory handshake. After the match, Ricardo told the crowd that it was Del Rio's birthday and led everyone in singing Happy Birthday for him.
During intermission, there was a video package showing recent goings-on, such as the introduction of Curtis Axel and collapse of Triple H from this past week's Raw.
5. Brodus Clay (with only one Funkadactyl) pinned Darren Young with a splash. Titus O'Neil ran out after the match, followed by Tensai, leading to...
6. Tons of Funk beat the Prime Time Players when Tensai pinned O'Neil after the double splash.
7. Sin Cara beat Heath Slater after a swanton bomb.
8. Sheamus beat Wade Barrett by disqualification in an Intercontinental title match. Barrett tried to grab his belt and leave, but Sheamus threw him back into the ring, where Barrett hit him with the belt for the DQ. After the match, Sheamus laid out Barrett with the White Noise and the Brogue Kick.
The new set for house shows is pretty nice - stage, ramp, video screens. Last time they were here, there were some lights around the entrance and that was it.
It wasn't exactly a star-studded lineup but the crowd was really into the show all night. And compared to previous shows, it seemed like the faces made more of an effort to shake hands, sign autographs, and pose for pictures with ringside fans after their matches.