- Night 1 Results (April 15, 2011) -
All eight matches were first round tournament matches.
* Show opened with a ten bell salute and video tribute to Larry Sweeney. All talent gathered around the ring.
1. The Osirian Portal (Ophidian/Hieracon/Amasis) d. 3.OLE! (El Generico & 3.0)
2. F.I.S.T. (Icarus/Chuck Taylor/Johnny Gargano) d. Team Australia (Tama Williams/Percy/Kabel)
3. Bruderschaft des Kreuzes (Tim Donst/Delirious/Jakob Hammermeier) d. Da Soul Touchaz (Willie Richardson/Acid Jaz/Marshe Rockett)
4. Mike Quackenbush/Jigsaw/Manami Toyota d. The SAT (Amazing Red & The Maximos)
Great match. My personal "match of the tournament".
5. Team Dragon Gate (Super Shisa/Akira Tozawa/Kagetora) d. The Spectral Envoy (Hallowicked/Frightmare/UltraMantis Black)
6. Team Osaka Pro (Atsushi Kotoge/Daisuke Harada/Ultimate Spider, Jr.) d. The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield/Sugar Dunkerton) with Matt Classic
7. The Colony (Fire Ant/Soldier Ant/Green Ant) d. Sinn “Kizarny” Bodhi & The Batiri (Obariyon/Kodama)
Before the show, they had a one hour pre show hyping the event. Hosted by Dr. Keith Lipinski. The show was broadcast on U Stream. I'm assuming this might be a test for possibly doing iPPVs down the road. Keith interviewed most of the talent. The only thing of note was Sinn Bodhi making a questionable comment where he said, “There’s benefits to being on the good or bad side of bipolar”, then adjusted his tie like a noose. A bit insensitive considering the recent tragedy with Larry Sweeney. It seemed to get him more heat with the locker room and message boards than the actual crowd that night. He was not booked on either of the other shows. Although it is possible that had nothing to do with the actual comment.
8. Team Michinoku Pro (Great Sasuke/Dick Togo/Jinsei Shinzaki) d. Team Minnesota (1-2-3 Kid/Arik Cannon/Darin Corbin)
Great match. Crowd was into Waltman, who was clean shaven and in the old 1-2-3 Kid tights. They built to a Kid-Shinzaki showdown, with the crowd honoring it by chanting "1995". Waltman looked motivated and energized by the crowd reactions throughout the weekend.