WWE house show report 7-2 Melbourne
Tuesday, 05 July 2011 19:11
Results are pretty much the same as everywhere else. I'll give you some extra tidbits from what i observed from the show:
Constant promotion of the 'Greatest Cage Matches' DVD and Money in the Bank PPV before the show and during intermission.
Most matches were around the 15 - 20 min mark. All the bottom floor and first tier was sold out. I have been going to all the shows for the past 10 years that consistent tours have been coming here and this was one of the better ones.
- Rey defeated CM Punk - great reaction to both guys - older male fans reacting to Punk (obviously). Punk did the sit down promo in the middle of the ring. The story of the match was punk avoiding the 619 until Rey finally got it leading up for the win. Big reaction for the win. Best match of the night
- Kelly Kelly and Beth Phoenix defeated The Bella Twins - kelly running the ropes is hilarious live (she only did it once though - damn it)
- Zack Ryder defeated Primo - big reaction to Zack. His self promotion over the net is working here too
- Evan Bourne defeated Jack Swagger - another decent match. Swagger was dominating the majority of the match here. People around me were surprised at the size of Swagger
- Dolph Ziggler defeated Kofi Kingston - another ok match, pretty slow though but decent build. Dolph did a great promo before the match about wanting to return home to Vicki which got good heat.
- Otunga & McGillicutty defeated Koslov & Santino - Santino was over big. Good little comedy spot with Otunga shoulder tackling Santino running the ropes, until the fourth attempt, Santino took the bump before they connected. Very funny.
- Alex Riley defeated The Miz in a street fight - was ok but pretty boring for the most part. Big reaction to Riley when he won which quickly died off. Use of tables and kendo stick (i think)
- Cena defeated R Truth - this match sucked a cock - really slow. Truth pretty much having Cena in headlock for entire match until punk interfered. This woke the crowd, Punk was over huge tonight.
Send us a news tip: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to webmasters/reporters:
When recapping news from this site or from our newsletters, please include a link to www.wrestlingobserver.com
For the most in-depth and detailed news and analysis on pro-wrestling and MMA, always turn to Wrestlingobserver.com/Figure Four Weekly Online, the #1 website of its kind on the Internet.
Members receive online access to both the Wrestling Observer and Figure Four Weekly newsletters and growing archives, Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer three times per week,
the popular Bryan and Vinny Show three times per week, additional radio shows including Figure Four Daily with Alvarez, Mike Coughlin's Five Star Radio, the Dr.
Keith Lipinski Show, The Adam and Mike Big Audio Nightmare, Tough Talk and the Karl Stern Wrestling History Show, the infamous BOARD, and more! Members also have full
access to the thousands of hours of audio in our radio show archives which date back to 2005. For your convenience, we offer secure online payments using your VISA, Mastercard,
American Express, Discover card or PayPal account. Don't miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Don't miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Want full access? QUICK AND EASY SIGN-UP, AS LOW AS $9.99 PER MONTH!