WWE Smackdown/Superstars/NXT spoilers, dark matches, HHH - Manchester, NH
Tuesday, 12 June 2012 19:11
By Josh Nason for Wrestling Observer.com
- Big E. Langston (billed from Manchester, NH) def. Dean Ambrose. They gave Ambrose some mic time before the match.NXT
- Tyler Reks/Curt Hawkins def. Percy Watson/Derrick Bateman
- Kaitlyn def. Natalya
- Usos def. Michael McGillicutty/Johnny Curtis Superstars
- Hunico def. Justin Gabriel Smackdown
- Show opens with AJ segment. Dolph Ziggler and Vickie came out and Vickie slapped AJ. CM Punk then came out, then Daniel Bryan, then Sheamus. They all talked a while and the main event tag opened the show.
- Ziggler got the pin on Sheamus when he took advantage of a distraction when Vickie and AJ were fighting in the ring. The two ladies continued to scrap and when AJ was laid out, Kane came out to attend to her, carrying her up the ramp. Punk attacked from behind and action went back to the ring. Kane chokeslammed both Bryan and Punk. AJ was giving the crazy look on the ramp as Kane stared at her from the ring.
- Brodius Clay defeated Heath Slater in about a minute. Before the match, Clay said John Laurinaitis promised he'd be on his back. That happened when David Otunga attacked Clay from behind and went after his knee.
- Beth Phoenix beat Alicia Fox in about a minute. Divas champ Layla was doing commentary and Phoenix stared her down post-match.
- Laurinaitis came out and said he was publicly sorry about Big Show punching Vince McMahon on RAW. Big Show came out and did a promo about his history with Vince and how he's happy to not be the big happy smiling guy. He namedropped Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Sting and WCW. This was a good promo in spots. He guaranteed a win Sunday. Michael Cole alerted everyone that John Cena was on his way to the arena tonight.
- IC Champ Christian def. Jack Swagger. Post match in a dark segment, HHH came out and pedigreed Swagger after he got on the mic saying he was upset. HHH never said a word.
- Ryback beat Mike Testa (sp?)/R.E. Cowan (sp?). The two jobbers did some jokes beforehand and were confident on the mic.
- Damien Sandow defeated Tyson Kidd
- Cena came out for the final segment and called out Show. Laurinaitis came out instead and said he sent Show home as he talked to the Board of Directors and the match Sunday is happening no matter what. Cena said he would knock out someone tonight so it might as well be Laurinaitis. Laurinaitis said he would fire Cena Monday if that happened, assuming Show would win. Cena said in that case, someone is getting fired Monday and KO'd Laurinaitis to close the show.Dark Match
- John Cena def. Big Show/David Otunga/John Laurinaitis in a handicap match when Cena pinned Otunga. Laurinaitis came in and hit Cena with his crutch several times, missed on a swing and Cena gave him the Attitude Adjustment to send everyone home happy.Notes
- Arena was half full with several sections of the lower bowl and half of the upper bowl curtained off. Estimated attendance was 5000.
- John Cena Sr. was at ringside.
- Crowd was hot for the Smackdown opening tag match and they popped huge for all the main guys.
Send us a news tip: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to webmasters/reporters:
When recapping news from this site or from our newsletters, please include a link to www.wrestlingobserver.com
For the most in-depth and detailed news and analysis on pro-wrestling and MMA, always turn to Wrestlingobserver.com/Figure Four Weekly Online, the #1 website of its kind on the Internet.
Members receive online access to both the Wrestling Observer and Figure Four Weekly newsletters and growing archives, Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer three times per week,
the popular Bryan and Vinny Show three times per week, additional radio shows including Figure Four Daily with Alvarez, Mike Coughlin's Five Star Radio, the Dr.
Keith Lipinski Show, The Adam and Mike Big Audio Nightmare, Tough Talk and the Karl Stern Wrestling History Show, the infamous BOARD, and more! Members also have full
access to the thousands of hours of audio in our radio show archives which date back to 2005. For your convenience, we offer secure online payments using your VISA, Mastercard,
American Express, Discover card or PayPal account. Don't miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Don't miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Want full access? QUICK AND EASY SIGN-UP, AS LOW AS $9.99 PER MONTH!