WWE house show report 9-14 London, ONT
Saturday, 14 September 2013 22:31
by John Canton
Even though they don't bill the events as Raw/Smackdown anymore the ring had the Smackdown logo on it.
1. Dolph Ziggler won battle royal for title shot at Alberto Del Rio in main event. Sandow finished. In third? Hunico. That was a bit shocking.
2. Funkadactyls defeated AJ Lee & Layla. Fans voted for a dance off (Layla did bad comedy dancing to get heat), but it turned into a match of course. Naomi worked 95% of the match, Cameron got the hot tag and Naomi won with a cross body block off the top.
3. Bo Dallas defeated Justin Gabriel & Hunico in a NXT Title match. Gabriel got a good reaction. Not much of a reaction for the other two. Gabriel hit the 450 on Hunico, Dallas threw him out of the ring and Dallas covered Hunico to retain.
4. Wyatt Familly defeated The Usos & Kofi Kingston. Bray Wyatt got a superstar reaction. Everything he did felt like a big deal. Wyatt won the match for his team with Sister Abigail.
(15 Minute Intermission)
5. Great Khali defeated JTG. Enough said.
6. Big E Langston defeated Damien Sandow. Pre-match promo by Sandow ripping on Canada and also Langston to get him over as a face. Langston won clean with The Big Ending. Post match, he talked trash to Sandow. I thought Sandow was the best performer on the show due to the way he was interacting with fans and drawing heat.
7. Dolph Ziggler defeated Alberto Del Rio via DQ in a World Title match. Pre-match Del Rio wanted Tony Chimel to announce him in Spanish, but Chimel didn't know Spanish. A fan in the front row ended up announcing Del Rio in Spanish. Did a great job too. They went about 20 minutes with some great nearfalls. Del Rio ended up shoving the ref before he applied the Cross Armbreaker and he was DQ'd for that. Post match, Ziggler hit the Zig Zag to send the fans home happy.
It was not a show that was heavy with star power, but everybody worked hard, the crowd was into it and we had fun for two and a half hours.
Send us a news tip: email@example.com
Note to webmasters/reporters:
When recapping news from this site or from our newsletters, please include a link to www.wrestlingobserver.com
For the most in-depth and detailed news and analysis on pro-wrestling and MMA, always turn to Wrestlingobserver.com/Figure Four Weekly Online, the #1 website of its kind on the Internet.
Members receive online access to both the Wrestling Observer and Figure Four Weekly newsletters and growing archives, Wrestling Observer Radio with Bryan Alvarez and Dave Meltzer three times per week,
the popular Bryan and Vinny Show three times per week, additional radio shows including Figure Four Daily with Alvarez, Mike Coughlin's Five Star Radio, the Dr.
Keith Lipinski Show, The Adam and Mike Big Audio Nightmare, Tough Talk and the Karl Stern Wrestling History Show, the infamous BOARD, and more! Members also have full
access to the thousands of hours of audio in our radio show archives which date back to 2005. For your convenience, we offer secure online payments using your VISA, Mastercard,
American Express, Discover card or PayPal account. Don't miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Don't miss out on the fun, sign up now!
Want full access? QUICK AND EASY SIGN-UP, AS LOW AS $9.99 PER MONTH!