Thumbs down for the show. The building tonight wasn't quite sold out, but it was pretty close, maybe 90% capacity. The show itself was pretty bad, and although the crowd started out hot for the first couple of matches, as the show dragged on it seemed to become subdued. Everyone popped for the usual guys like Punk, Cena, and Bryan, also the Wyatt Family was surprisingly over, and even Albert Del Rio seemed to be getting a better babyface reaction than he would get when he was actually a babyface. Big E Langston didn't really get much of a reaction, no one cared much for him or his match. The Divas match was awful, and pretty much killed the crowd from that point on. The main event was groan inducing on several fronts, between the fact that the match itself was lousy, the nonsense finish with Triple H, and Cena coming out at the end. The Cena / Orton showdown got a surprising tepid reaction, even though it's been a few years since they've worked a program, I think the crowd is largely sick of that pairing, it's been done to death, and I think it's a weak main event if that's what they're going with.
Thumbs down! Weak PPV, especially for one of the "big 4"; although SS hasn't been important for years. Not a letdown, because I knew this was going to be weak, but below of what I was expecting. Nothing was special. The only positive is that they didn't change any of the titles just for the sake of doing it.
Best Match: Bryan & Punk vs. Wyatts. The 5-man tag match wasn't far behind.
Worst Match: Henry vs. Ryback. Divas and Henry vs. Ryback weren't any better but at least they got some kind of reaction.
1. The Miz vs. Koffi Kingston. Average match, but Miz is beyond boring. *1/2
2. The Shield & Real American vs. Mysterio, Cody, Goldust & Usos. Very good one. Hope they book Reigns carefully, otherwise people will start to sense that they are pushing him down their throat. ***1/2
3. Langston vs. Axel. Not real bad, but absolutely nobody cared. Kind of sad for Axel. He is a good talent but has no charisma, and that name doesn't do him any favors. Big E promo was lame, but maybe by design. 1/2*
4. Total Divas vs. Divas. A TOTAL waist of time, but somehow they manage to get a reaction at the end. Cole blew the commentary even in this simple match. *
5. Henry vs. Ryback. Another waist of time. Henry looks like a cool dude with his new haircut. 1/4*
6. Cena vs. ADR. They stared slow, but turned it by the end. **3/4
7. Punk & Bryan vs. Wyatts. The face team totally carried this match to be a very good one. What's the point for the Wyatts? They lose all the "important" matches. Apparently Bray Wyatt is in competition with Ultimate Warrior on who has the most weird/nonsense promo of all time. He talks and talks but never said anything! ***3/4
8. Orton vs. Show. I wasn't expecting this to be a good match, but was thinking of a mayor angle to compensate for that. It didn't happen. Just a weak main event, and then it was done. Cena at the end was a good tease for a turn; but that's something that isn't going to happen (unless they get so desperate for Mania that they don't have anything but a heel turn for him). **
Leonardo II Mendez
San Sebastian, PR
Survivor Series: Thumbs Down
Best Match: Traditional Elimination Match
Worst Match: Divas Elimination Match
The first thing they should do is not call this Survivor Series anymore cause it doesn't resemble that event and hasn't in a very long time. It was weird at the start as the pre-show started at 4pm and they just kept re-running a short All Axxess Pass show with Josh Matthews for the half hour. Then came the regular kick off show. It was nice to see Bret, Foley, and Booker. In fact that might have been the most amusing thing the whole night. Miz vs. Kofi was a good start. They had a good match and Miz won as expected. Not sure about Miz playing a tweener though instead of a full heel. Maybe Kofi is turning. It was a bad omen that the traditional elimination match started the show, because there was almost nothing to look forward to for the rest of it. Roman Reigns is the big winner and I had a feeling he would start crushing people. A good match, but still not as good as it could have been. They certainly could have given it more time considering what the rest of the show was filled with. Langston over Axel for the title was like watching Raw. I hope Langston doesn't end up like everyone that has gotten the I-C as of late. The Divas tag match was bad. I mean it was just one move and elimination over and over. It didn't flow or have a story of any kind. They blew the end too by forgetting that Nikki was still in the match. Cole finally brought it up much later in the show. Ryback shows up to make a challenge. Thankfully it wasn't Khali. It's Mark Henry. Henry wins. John Cena retains over Del Rio. Easy to figure that would be the result. Cena needs a new opponent. Bryan and Punk vs. Harper and Rowan was good, but still seems like a waste of time for Bryan and Punk to be in this spot. They are way more over then the guys working on top. The Beard and the Best are victorious. Yes! Lame main event with Randy Orton getting a win off a distraction. Hope Big Show gets moved out of the title hunt. Guess Orton vs. Cena is happening. Hope they finish the year with a better ppv, because it's been going downhill for a while. Won't hurt as much if the network gets going and I have to pay $15 instead of $50 every month.