Bobby Roode made his WWE in-ring debut Saturday at the NXT show at the Download Festival in Derby, United Kingdom, defeating Angelo Dawkins.
Roode had very briefly been advertised for the tour, before it was pulled because they wanted his debut to be a surprise. He had appeared briefly on the last two NXT Takeovers in a backstage segment on Wednesday and in the crowd in Dallas.
It is expected the 39-year-old will work the remainder of the tour.
Here's what happened Friday:
- Hugo Knox defeated Sawyer Fulton after hitting a split-legged moonsault
- Nikki Glencross defeated Peyton Royce after clamping on a swinging fisherman’s suplex.
- Baron Corbin returned to defeat Angelo Dawkins & Alexander Wolfe in a handicap match via End of Days. Corbin put Wolfe through a table after the match.
Here's what happened Saturday for the first of two 90 minute sessions:
- No Way Jose def. Alex Wolfe
- Tye Dillinger def. Sawyer Fulton
- Carmella def. Nikki Glencross
- Bobby Roode def. Angelo Dawkins
- NXT Women's Champion Asuka def. Peyton Royce
- Finn Balor and Hugo Knox def. NXT Tag Champions The Revival in a non-title match
Here are the results for the second 90-minute session:
- Bayley & Carmella def. Nikki Glencross & Nia Jax
- Angelo Dawkins def. Wesley Blake
- Triple H did a promo, talking about the Golden Gods Spirit Of Lemmy Award.
- Alexa Bliss def. Peyton Royce
- American Alpha def. Saywer Fulton & Alexander Wolfe
- Shinsuke Nakamura & Andrade “Cien” Almas def. NXT Champion Samoa Joe & Baron Corbin
Reports from any and all shows can be sent to email@example.com.