It seemed to most viewers that last week's triple threat match for a shot at Charlotte's Raw Women's Championship ended with a double pin between Sasha Banks and Bayley, and WWE finally acknowledged the controversial finish on tonight's episode of Raw.
In a backstage segment with Raw General Manager Mick Foley, Dana Brooke pointed out the double pin in an attempt to get the Clash of Champions match canceled. But Foley announced that Charlotte would instead defend against both Banks and Bayley in a triple threat match at Sunday's pay-per-view.
Banks was originally declared the winner of last week's triple threat that also included Brooke and Bayley, but both Banks and Bayley intentionally had their shoulders on the mat. Banks originally returned from a back injury two weeks ago and vowed to win her championship back after dropping it to Charlotte at SummerSlam.
The current card for Clash of Champions is:
- WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens defending against Seth Rollins
- Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte defending against Sasha Banks and Bayley in a triple threat match
- United States Champion Rusev defending against Roman Reigns
- Raw Tag Team Champions The New Day defending against Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows
- Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho