Impact Wrestling wraps up their two-week look back at 2021 with re-airs of some of their top matches and moments in addition to yearly awards.
While the list of matches hasn't been announced, this week's show will see the wrestler of the year, Knockouts tag team of the year and men’s match of the year announced. Next week will be the go-home show for the Hard to Kill pay-per-view on January 8th.
Last year's awards saw Deonna Purrazzo win Knockout of the Year, Purrazzo vs. Mickie James at Bound for Glory as Knockouts match of the year and The Good Brothers as men's tag team of the year.
Wrestlers that will appear in matches or moments include former World Champion Kenny Omega, former World and X-Division Champion Josh Alexander, former Knockouts Champion Deonna Purrazzo, former World Champion Christian Cage, current World Champion Moose, current Knockouts Champion Mickie James, former World Champion Rich Swann, and Tag Team Champions The Good Brothers.
The BTI pre-show will feature VSK and Zicky Dice against Decay's Black Taurus and Crazzy Steve.
Our live coverage starts at 8 PM Eastern.
* * * * * * * * * *
Decay (Black Taurus & Crazzy Steve) (with Rosemary & Havok) defeated The Learning Tree (VSK & Zicky Dice) on BTI
* * * * * * * * * *
Once again, Scott D’Amore and Josh Matthews are the hosts. They will be presenting the awards tonight, as well as going over some of the best matches of the year.
Impact World Champion Moose vs Eddie Edwards from Turning Point. This was Moose’s first defense of the Impact title after winning it at the end of Bound for Glory, when he surprised Josh Alexander with the Call Your Shot cash-in.
- The IInspiration and The Influence had a small disagreement backstage as they had scheduling problems. Lee and McKay introduced their new photographer, Jai Vidal, with an I, so Kaleb took personal offense.
Knockout Tag Team Champions Decay (Rosemary & Havok vs The IInspiration (Jessie McKay & Cassie Lee) from Bound for Glory. This was Lee and McKay’s debut, where they would end up winning the Knockout tag team titles from Decay.
- First award given out tonight was for the Best Knockout Tag Team of the Year, won by Jordynne Grace and Rachael Ellering. Both thanked the fans who voted for them and said to be happy to win this prize with each other, as friends.
- Eddie Edwards, Rich Swann, Willie Mack, Heath, and Rhino cut a promo about their upcoming Hard To Kill match versus the Good Brothers and Violent By Design. They talked about being hard to kill and knowing how to get extreme and violent when they need to.
- We got Impact's top ten Social Media posts of the year, topped by Jay White’s debut, FinJuice’s debut announcement, and Christian Cage’s win of the Impact World title as number 1.
Impact World Champion Kenny Omega vs Sami Callihan in a No DQs match from Slammiversary. After the long chase, Callihan would fail to capture the title when Omega hit a couple of thumbtack loaded V-Triggers and the One Winged Angel for the 1-2-3.
- We got a replay of Jonah’s debut, showing up at Turning Point and attacking Josh Alexander. Jonah and Alexander are to face each other at Hard To Kill. In addition, we saw Jonah’s debut match, squashing Jai Vidal.
X Division Champion Josh Alexander vs. Petey Williams vs. Trey Miguel vs. Rohit Raju vs. Ace Austin vs. Chris Bey in an Ultimate X match from Slammiversary. This match was one of Alexander’s bigger defenses of his reign at this point of his reign. Alexander would end his reign when he relinquished the title to cash in Option C and challenge then champion, Christian Cage.
- Next award was for the Men’s Wrestler of the Year, won by Josh Alexander. He talked about it being an honor considering this was the year that Kenny Omega reigned as the champion along with other big names showing up on Impact.
Impact World Champion Rich Swann vs TNA World Champion Moose in a title vs title match from Sacrifice. After a year-long chase, Moose and Swann finally collided with both titles on the line. Moose at one point had stolen the TNA World title and proclaimed himself as the champion, something that wouldn’t be accepted by the Impact offices until the final days of his reign with the title. Swann would go and win this match, only to lose both titles to Kenny Omega at Rebellion, in another title vs title winner takes all match.
- We got a vignette for Masha Slamovich, set to debut next week.
- We got a promo by Mercedes Martinez, addressing Deonna Purrazzo’s comments from last week. She challenged Purrazzo to a match next week. In addition, Scott D’Amore announced that Deonna Purrazzo vs Rok-C will take place on Impact after Hard To Kill.
- The final award of the night was for the Best Men’s Match of the Year. The winner went to Josh Alexander and TJP for their 60-Minute Ironman match from June 3rd. Alexander accepted the title, saying that if not for that match, he may not have been given the opportunity to continue and win the Impact World title.
X Division Josh Alexander vs TJP in a 60-Minute Ironman Match from June 3rd’s BTI and Impact Wrestling TV. This would end up a classic for the company, not only for being the first ever 60-minute ironman match in company’s history, but the match would reach the time limit and continue into sudden death after being tied 1:1. Alexander would win a couple of minutes into sudden death and retain the title.
- Show ended with the return of Su Yung, and the reveal that she is pregnant. She seemed to have killed Kimber Lee and Brandi Lauren, but they're already undead, so I don't know.