Lucha Libre AAA has revealed Hijo del Vikingo's challenger for Triplemania XXX: Mexico City.
At a press conference on Friday, it was announced that Rey Fenix will challenge Vikingo for the AAA Mega Championship at the Mexico City Triplemania event. It was said that Fenix won a vote among fans on social media to earn the right to face Vikingo.
Kenny Omega was shown as finishing in second in the fan vote. Konnan recently said on his Keepin' it 100 podcast that Omega is unable to appear at Triplemania due to his AEW suspension.
Vikingo has been AAA Mega Champion since winning the title at Triplemania Regia last December. Fenix was previously Mega Champion from August 2018 to October 2019.
Triplemania XXX: Mexico City is being held on Saturday, October 15. It's the last of three Triplemania pay-per-views this year celebrating the 30th edition of the event.
The full card for the PPV was announced at Friday's press conference:
- Mask vs. mask match (Ruleta de la Muerte finals): Pentagon Jr. vs. Villano IV
- AAA Mega Champion Hijo del Vikingo defends against Rey Fenix
- Hair vs. hair match: Pagano vs. Cibernetico
- AAA Reina de Reinas Champion Taya Valkyrie defends against Kamille
- AAA Trios Champions NGD (Sanson, Cuatrero & Forastero) defend against Psycho Clown, Laredo Kid & Bandido and Johnny Caballero (the former John Morrison), Brian Cage & Sam Adonis in a three-way match
- Dragon Lee & Dralistico vs. Arez & Willie Mack vs. Myzteziz & Komander vs. Latigo & Toxin for a future AAA Tag Team title shot
- Copa Bardahl Triplemania (Microman, Chessman, Taurus, Sexy Star, Nino Hamburguesa, Mr. Iguana, Lady Shani, Flip Gordon, Diva Salvaje, Jessy Ventura, Aerostar, and a surprise entrant)
- Marvel Lucha Libre match: Team Leyenda America vs. Team Terror Purpura