The Big Takeaways:
- MJF is gone from MLW at the hands of Mance Warner as the two brawled throughout an empty arena and Warner got his hand raised after a wild and frantic brawl.
- Douglas James defeated Septimo Dragon in a good, fast paced opener.
- Injustice have been fined and suspended after they attacked Brian Pillman Jr on last week's episode.
We opened right into our opening contest from Philadelphia, PA, between Douglas James and Septimo Dragon.
Douglas James submitted Septimo Dragon (7:32)
They had a really fast paced opening here with both taking to the air early on. James hit a bottom rope low suicide dive and Dragon hit a standing moonsault from the apron and a middle rope suicide dive to the floor. Back inside, Dragon hit a step up kick and a spiked hurricanrana but was crotched on the middle turnbuckle and ate a codebreaker from James while he sat on the second rope.
James hit a series of kicks to Dragon's chest and locked in a crossface after a tilt-a-whirl, turning Dragon inside out with a big clothesline. James looked to be in control, but Dragon showed some fight with some slaps to the face. They traded superkicks and jumping knees before knocking each other down as they both connected with big kicks to the head.
They both fought to their feet and James went to work on Dragon's legs with kicks. He went for the GTS but Dragon reversed and hit a big kick followed by a razor's edge/piledriver type move that got a close two count. Dragon then went up top but rolled through a double stomp attempt and ran straight into a superkick. He got squashed in the corner by a rolling death valley driver followed by James locking in a front choke to pick up the submission win.
- The cameras caught up with Richard Holliday in the parking lot as they asked him if he would be involved in the empty arena match tonight. He brushed them off as he heard Logan Creed had done something that needed his attention.
- Alicia Atout met with Mance Warner who said if MJF wants to bring his friends later, he has his own friends that might be there too. Warner said there was some stuff going down tonight that he doesn't want his momma to see. Atout asked if he had a plan if the Dynasty got involved? “F*ck 'em."
- We saw Injustice's attack on Brian Pillman Jr. from last week that ended with Pillman being curb stomped into a concrete block. We were told the trio had been fined $10,000 and suspended due to the attack.
- LA Park had some words for Psycho Clown who he will face in MLW's upcoming Super Series against AAA. He warned Clown that his sons are ready to fight too and challenged him to a six-man tag match.
- Atout was then outside of the Dynasty's locker room hoping for a comment. Holliday and Alexander Hammerstone opened the door and said she hasn't got the correct paperwork to be here, Gino Medina was rubbing down MJF and if that got interrupted, they would all be very sorry.
- Atout then rushed to meet with Savio Vega backstage who was asked his opinion on the MJF vs Warner match. Vega said tonight was the night to end their grudge, picked Warner, and warned the Dynasty that he is coming for them.
- PWI had their updated top 10 contenders for the MLW heavyweight title: 10. Low Ki, 9. King Mo, 8. Mance Warner, 7. MJF, 6. Richard Holliday, 5. Brian Pillman Jr., 4. “Filthy” Tom Lawlor, 3. Davey Boy Smith Jr., 2. Middleweight Champion Myron Reed, 1. National Openweight Champion Alexander Hammerstone.
- We then saw a recap of last week's King Mo vs Low Ki match and the controversial ending that saw Dominic Garrini, Erick Stevens, the Von Erichs, and Tom Lawlor all getting involved. Lawlor knocked out Ki with an umbrella which led to the victory for Mo. The Von Erichs had a video message for Team Filthy about their antics last week: What they lack in numbers, the Von Erichs make up for in tenacity, heart, viciousness, and aggression. He told them to grab their mops because the Von Erichs are coming for them.
- Backstage, MJF cut a great promo on Warner and was screaming by the end of it. He told a story from when he was bullied in school and ended up knocking the bully out. He warned Warner that if he didn't think he could get crazy, he didn't know MJF. He is going to prove Warner is not the only one who can be a psychopath in MLW.
- We had injury updates to both Killer Kross and Pillman Jr. After King Mo hit him with a bat two weeks ago, Kross has a fractured scapula and displacement of the acromioclavicular joint and it's recommended he has no contact for 180 days unless he signs a waiver. Kross was offered that waiver but “his Stamford, CT, based employer will not allow a waiver to be signed”.
Pillman has a fractured mandible and dislocated temporomandibular joint. The Philadelphia police are reviewing the video of the incident with Injustice but it is unclear if Pillman will be pressing charges.
Mance Warner defeated MJF in a loser leaves MLW empty arena match (7:46)
Throughout the night, we saw clips from both their MLW careers including their debuts: MJF winning the Middleweight title and Warner winning a barbed wire match against Jimmy Havoc. Earlier in the night, Vega helped even the score when he rescued Warner from what would have been a 2-on-1 beatdown by Holliday and Hammerstone, so we went into this fight fairly.
They went to the outside straight away and brawled around ringside. MJF choked Warner with a tag rope and threatened to hit Warner with bolt cutters, but Warner reversed and went between MJF's legs with the cutters. Luckily for future Friedman generations, he got away.
Warner was sent flying through rows of chairs and kicked out a pin attempt as MJF shouted “Do your job, fat boy” at the referee. They brawled to the top of the bleachers and MJF tried to throw Warner off a balcony, but Warner fought back and sent MJF head over heels tumbling back down the bleachers.
MJF choked Warner with a broom and knocked a cameraman down with a right hand. He then got a lit cigarette from a production crew member and put it out on Warner's forehead. MJF got his phone and tried to call a taxi to escape, but Warner threw a chair from off-camera and caught MJF square in the face. Warner got on the phone and told the taxi he wasn't needed and threw MJF towards the ring again.
Inside the ring, they exchanged right hands while on their knees and brawled to their feet. Warner hit the bionic elbow, but MJF went to the eyes with a finger poke. Warner rallied with a pop-up headbutt and a big lariat to pick up the win and send MJF out of MLW for good.
Next Week --
- The MLW Super Series with AAA begins as Alexander Hammerstone defends the National Openweight Championship against Laredo Kid
In 2 Weeks --
- Team Filthy and American Top Team press conference