NJPW announced several big shows this morning that will take place throughout 2020.
The biggest news is that for the first time in history, the G1 Climax will not take place in the summer. Since this year’s Olympic Games are taking place in Tokyo, the tournament finals will instead take place in October. The final three shows, which will be held in Sumo Hall, will now take place on October 16, 17 and 18.
Another big move by New Japan is running Osaka-jo Hall twice in the same year. Along with the usual Dominion show in June, the company will also hold the third The New Beginning show at the arena on February 9.
Here are the dates that were announced during this morning's show:
- The New Beginning in Sapporo on February 1 & 2 at Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center
- The New Beginning in Osaka on February 9 at Osaka-jo Hall
- 48th Anniversary Show on March 4 at Ota City General Gymnasium in Tokyo
- New Japan Cup 2020 finals on March 21 at Aore Nagaoka in Niigata
- Sakura Genesis 2020 on March 31 at Sumo Hall
- Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni on April 29 at Kagoshima Arena
- Wrestling Dontaku 2020 on May 3 & 4 at Fukuoka International Center
- Best of the Super Juniors finals on June 6 at Ota City General Gymnasium in Tokyo
- Dominion 6.14 on June 14th at Osaka-jo Hall
- G1 Climax 30 final dates October 16, 17 and 18 at Sumo Hall