The card for NXT TakeOver: Portland is now up to six matches.
NXT North American Champion Keith Lee will defend his title against Dominik Dijakovic at the TakeOver special. The match was announced after Dijakovic defeated Killian Dain on NXT tonight.
On last week's NXT, Dijakovic defeated Damian Priest after both interrupted Lee and wanted the first shot at his title.
Tonight's Dijakovic vs. Dain match was set up by an angle where Dain confronted Dijakovic at the Performance Center over who should be next in line for a shot at the North American title.
Lee came out to the stage and went face-to-face with Dijakovic after he defeated Dain tonight. Lee and Dijakovic then shook hands ahead of their title match at TakeOver.
Lee became the North American Champion by defeating Roderick Strong for the title on NXT two weeks ago.
The Moda Center in Portland, Oregon is hosting TakeOver: Portland on Sunday, February 16. Here's what's been announced for the show:
- NXT Champion Adam Cole defending against Tommaso Ciampa
- NXT Women's Champion Rhea Ripley defending against Bianca Belair
- NXT Tag Team Champions The Undisputed Era (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish) defending against Matt Riddle & Pete Dunne
- NXT North American Champion Keith Lee defending against Dominik Dijakovic
- Johnny Gargano vs. Finn Balor
- Street fight: Tegan Nox vs. Dakota Kai