A tag team match has been added to this week's episode of NXT.
Kyle O'Reilly & Von Wagner will face Legado del Fantasma's Raul Mendoza & Joaquin Wilde on NXT this Tuesday night. The match was announced after the two teams went back and forth on social media.
WWE posted a tweet over the weekend asking fans who they'd like to see be the first team to challenge for Imperium's NXT Tag Team titles. When Wagner said he and O'Reilly should get the title match, Mendoza called Wagner out for wanting a title shot when he's only been in NXT for "five minutes."
O'Reilly responded by pointing out that he's the only three-time Tag Team Champion in NXT history. Mendoza then tweeted that this isn't 2018 anymore and Legado del Fantasma will show O'Reilly & Wagner who the best tag team right now is.
The partnership between O'Reilly & Wagner started to form after Wagner made the save for O'Reilly when he was attacked by Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland on the premiere of NXT 2.0 in September.
Imperium's Marcel Barthel & Fabian Aichner won the NXT Tag Team titles by defeating MSK in a Lumberjack-O'-Lantern match at Halloween Havoc last week.
Here's the updated lineup for this Tuesday's NXT:
- Johnny Gargano & Dexter Lumis vs. NXT North American Champion Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams
- Kyle O'Reilly & Von Wagner vs. Raul Mendoza & Joaquin Wilde
- Tony D'Angelo will appear on Lashing Out with Lash Legend
- Cameron Grimes will enter Duke Hudson's Poker Room
- Robert Stone has challenged Xyon Quinn to a match