Quick results --
- Trent Seven told Jordan Devlin he would drop below 205 lbs and challenge for Devlin's NXT Cruiserweight Championship.
- Meiko Satomura is coming to NXT UK to challenge Kay Lee Ray for the NXT UK Women's Championship.
- Ben Carter defeated Sam Gradwell.
- Sha Samuels defeated Josh Morrell. Samuels was talking to Noam Dar backstage before his match.
- Ilja Dragunov couldn't explain what happened with Jack Starz last week. Sam Gradwell talking trash in the background during Dragunov's interview may lead to a match between them.
- Rampage Brown challenged Joe Coffey to a match down the line.
- Pretty Deadly became the number one contenders to the NXT UK Tag Team titles by defeating The Hunt, Ashton Smith & Oliver Carter, and Mark Andrews & Flash Morgan Webster. Pretty Deadly last pinned Andrews after Eddie Dennis attacked Andrews' knee with a chair from the outside. Pretty Deadly jaw-jacked with Gallus after the match.
Full rundown --
Jordan Devlin in-ring segment
Devlin walked to the ring and talked about his NXT Cruiserweight Championship open challenge. Devlin said he's the longest-reigning Cruiserweight Champion of all time and that he wants his legacy to be that he was the best wrestler under 205 pounds this company had ever seen.
As Devlin was cutting his promo, Trent Seven's music played and he walked out with a microphone in hand. Seven had not been seen since the fallout of his loss to A-Kid in the Heritage Cup tournament finals. He agreed that Devlin had beaten all challengers and was cementing his legacy
Seven said that maybe the division needed a new challenger. Seven suggested that he's going to slim down below 205 pounds and challenge Devlin for the Cruiserweight title once he does. Devlin looked incredulous but said that if Seven could cut what he guessed must be about 30 pounds, then he would indeed defend the Cruiserweight title against him.
Devlin wished Seven good luck and patted his belly as he walked by him, but Seven grabbed Devlin's wrist and decked him with a hard right that sent Devlin to the mat. Devlin rolled out of the ring, then slid back in to grab his belt, but Seven had put his foot down on top of it.
Seven bowed down to Devlin and told him once more that he would take the title off him.
- Backstage, Eddie Dennis was firing up The Hunt as they prepared for their main event match later tonight.
A new challenger for NXT UK Women's Champion Kay Lee Ray
A video highlighted Kay Lee Ray's NXT UK Women's Championship reign and showed her beating everybody in the division as she talked about her reign getting longer and longer. The screen then cut to a Tweet KLR hat recently sent out that read "Another win. Now give me the best in the world..." Highlights of a woman kicking and beating various wrestlers then aired. The woman was quickly revealed as legendary Japanese wrestler and president of Sendai Girls' Pro Wrestling Meiko Satomura (who had been in the 2018 Mae Young Classic and recently signed an NXT UK deal as a player/coach).
She said her name is Meiko Satomura and that many say she is the best wrestler in the world. Clips from the Mae Young Classic, PROGRESS, wXw, and Sendai Girls showed Satomura slaughtering people as a graphic announced that Meiko Satomura is coming to NXT UK.
- Pretty Deadly were shown warming up for the main event.
Ben Carter pinned Sam Gradwell after a frog splash (7:33)
This was a battle of speed vs. brutality with Carter coming back with athletic moves and fast, creative offense from repeated beatdowns.
Gradwell walked out and demanded that they "decrease the volume," then proceeded to ridicule Carter for wearing "PE pants" and being from Jersey, "a place with more cows than people, that was not even in an atlas." He also called Carter a "yogurt" and promised to send him back "across the channel in a catamaran."
Gradwell worked Carter's arm early, but Carter came back with a number of dropkicks and some lightning-fast offense. Gradwell used his aggressiveness to ground Carter and scored a number of near falls.
Carter eventually sent Gradwell to the outside with a spinning head kick, then hit a dive on Gradwell seconds later before returning to the ring and hitting a somersault plancha to the outside. Gradwell countered a guillotine into a front slam. Carter came back with an impressive looking quebrada into a reverse DDT/elbow drop combo before hitting a beautiful frog splash off the top for the pinfall victory.
- Mark Andrews & Flash Morgan Webster were shown preparing for the main event.
- Sha Samuels was seen talking to Noam Dar backstage and it was announced that Samuels would be in action next.
Sha Samuels submitted Josh Morrell with a Cobra/Camel Clutch (5:12)
This was 95 percent Samuels ragdolling and beating up on Morrell, so unlike in the previous match, the smaller man could not use his agility to his advantage much. Morrell showed some promise, especially with a standing twisting somersault senton, but Samuels quickly stopped any offense.
In the end, Samuels hit a spinebuster and applied a mix between a Cobra and Camel Clutch for the submission win.
- Ilja Dragunov was doing some casual one-armed push-ups as one is wont to do when he was asked about his match with Jack Starz last week. Clips were shown of Dragunov snapping and destroying Starz. Dragunov said he didn't know what happened and that he didn't want to hurt Starz. Dragunov said that this hadn't been the plan and looked bewildered and distracted.
Gradwell mouthed off in the background, as he often does. Dragunov then just walked off. I see a severe beating at the hands of Dragunov in Gradwell's immediate future.
- Rampage Brown was interviewed backstage as Gallus walked by. Brown was friendly with them and greeted Joe Coffey. Brown told him that they (Mark Coffey & Wolfgang) knew what they were doing next, but that Joe may need a challenge. Joe told Brown he might take him up on that.
- A graphic announced that Nina Samuels will face Xia Brookside next week. Jordan Devlin's NXT Cruiserweight Championship open challenge also returns next week.
Fatal four-way number one contender's elimination match: Pretty Deadly (Sam Stoker & Lewis Howley) defeated The Hunt (Wild Boar & Primate), Ashton Smith & Oliver Carter, and Mark Andrews & Flash Morgan Webster (22:15)
Andrews and Smith started out and traded offense. Both tagged their partners and Carter and Smith hit their move where Carter somersaults over the top onto Smith's back and then hits an assisted moonsault. Pretty Deadly blind-tagged in and out until Andrews turned the game on them. Gallus were shown sitting by the entrance eating popcorn and having a good time.
Eventually, Primate and Howley were in and The Hunt hit double German suplexes on both Pretty Deadly members. The Hunt and Andrews & Webster briefly brawled, then took turns beating up on Smith. Smith eventually tagged Andrews and Andrews and Webster cleaned house on the other three teams. Stoker and Andrews ended up on the top turnbuckle, with Smith tagging back in and hitting a super powerbomb on both.
Smith was looking to suplex Howley into the ring when Carter jumped on his back and moonsaulted on everyone on the outside, after which Smith hit a Falcon Arrow for a near fall. A melee broke out with everyone hitting everybody else with a big move. Primate and Smith ended up the legal men and Primate hit a high-angle suplex on Smith. The Hunt set up for their finish, but Andrews pulled Boar out of the ring and Smith and Carter eliminated Primate after an electric chair/cutter combo. (The Hunt eliminated at 12:00)
Smith hit a big gutwrench suplex on Stoker, then had an exciting exchange with both members of Pretty Deadly before tagging in Carter. Stoker hot tagged Andrews, who looked surprised. Andrews and Webster double-teamed Smith and hit a poison rana/kick combo for the pin. (Smith & Carter eliminated at 15:10)
This left Pretty Deadly and Andrews & Webster. Andrews and Pretty Deadly had some awesome exchanges, concluding with a hurricanrana by Andrews on Stoker. Howley attacked Andrews' previously hurt knee, then managed to get Andrews in a giant swing on his hurt knee. Howley transitioned into a half crab and finally a figure four. Webster made the save and broke up the hold. Andrews hit Stun Dog Millionaire and made the hot tag.
Webster back body dropped Stoker on Howley to the outside and followed with a somersault off the top. As Andrews was getting ready for a dive, Eddie Dennis (who was banned from accompanying The Hunt to ringside for this match) suddenly popped up and hit Andrews in the knee with a chair, then quickly disappeared again.
Pretty Deadly then hit their Hart Attack/neckbreaker finish on Andrews to win the match and become the number one contenders to Gallus' NXT UK Tag Team titles.
Only Joe Coffey was left in the chairs by the ring, as Mark Coffey and Wolfgang came back out to their music and trash talked Pretty Deadly, who jaw-jacked back and forth with them.
Next week --
- Jordan Devlin's NXT Cruiserweight Championship open challenge
- Nina Samuels vs. Xia Brookside