Two more matches were added to the card for Backlash on tonight's episode of SmackDown in London.
In a matchup that was made apparent weeks ago, Shinsuke Nakamura will take on Dolph Ziggler at the pay-per-view. The two had a confrontation on SmackDown tonight, with Ziggler first backing down from Nakamura before then trying to attack him. Nakamura fought him off and stood tall to end the segment.
Most of the promotion for Backlash has been built around the show featuring Nakamura's televised main roster in-ring debut. WWE has kept him out of matches on SmackDown since he debuted on the Tuesday after WrestleMania.
SmackDown Women's Champion Naomi will also be in action at Backlash, but she won't be defending her title. She'll be teaming with Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch against The Welcoming Committee (Natalya, Carmella & Tamina).
There was a backstage segment on tonight's show where Lynch attempted to get Naomi and Charlotte on the same page heading into the PPV after Charlotte blamed Naomi for Lynch's loss against Natalya.
The Allstate Arena in Chicago will host Backlash on May 21st. The updated lineup for the show is:
- WWE Champion Randy Orton defending against Jinder Mahal
- United States Champion Kevin Owens defending against AJ Styles
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Dolph Ziggler
- SmackDown Women's Champion Naomi, Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch vs. Natalya, Carmella & Tamina
- SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos defending against Breezango