About Us  |   Contact

Breaking News (updated): Brock Lesnar re-signs with WWE, retires from MMA (video)

Brock Lesnar announced on ESPN SportsCenter Tuesday night that he signed a new WWE contract Monday and he has closed the book on an MMA career.

Lesnar said that he felt good physically after two-and-a-half months of MMA training, but WWE made the right offer: full-time money for part-time work. He said he went through many sleepless nights and had been debating the decision for the past year because he was unhappy the way he went out of UFC with a losing streak.

Lesnar signed a three-year contract, which explains the contract ending any thoughts of fighting in the future. 

"My legacy in the Octagon is over," he said, adding that Sunday would not be his last WWE match.

WWE was insistent Lesnar sign Monday before he became a free agent at the end of the month in order for them to make plans for WrestleMania and beyond where Lesnar would remain a key player. There was an impasse that took place, but he said Vince McMahon made him a great offer.

Due to him turning 38 this summer, it was expected that Lesnar would more likely sign with WWE than UFC, because on paper, it seemed the like the obvious smart decision. A 38-year-old that relied largely on wrestling skill from college is not a great combination for UFC nowadays, as shown recenty by some of his wrestling contemporaries like Mark Munoz (37) and Josh Koscheck (37).

"I felt physically great but something lacked mentally and that's not good," he said about his recent training.

Much more on this story all week.