- Charitable wrestling show canceled due to Joey Ryan involvement
- Miz vs. Bobby Lashley title match a ratings success for WWE Raw
- Hardy & Quen vs. Page & Silver announced for AEW Dynamite
- NWA returning with Back for the Attack PPV, new Power episodes
- Number one contender's match announced for ROH TV
- ROH TV results: Rush vs. Shane Taylor World title match
- Deonna Purrazzo vs. Jordynne Grace non-title match set for Impact
- MSK's Wes Lee suffered broken hand at WWE NXT TakeOver
- WWE Raw video highlights: Bobby Lashley wins WWE Championship
- WOL: Story time with Bryan, RAW, yah
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: Georgia Championship Wrestling retro review
- WOR: Lashley wins WWE title, New Japan title unification, AEW, Crockett Jr.
- F4D: NEW JAPAN STRONG KENTA VS. MOXLEY, Smackdown!
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
The biggest and most-talked about issue of the year, the 2020 awards issue, is out today. The issue covers the awards winners as voted on by the readership in these categories. It also has all the top place winners for every category, comments on the awards for this year as well as a listing dating back to 1980 of all the awards winners in all the different categories.
We also have the performer and match of the week.
WWE Elimination Chamber show, with notes on direction, business, interest level, poll results and star ratings.
Also in this issue:
The new television war in Canada on Wednesday, how the first week went and what to look for, details on the WWE's A&E Documentaries, who is being covered and more, reaction to Undertaker's comments about current wrestlers being soft, migration of WWE Network to Peacock, Sasha Banks talks wanting to quit a few years ago, WWE business approaches, how WWE & AEW are doing as compared to televised sports this past week, Bill Goldberg on TV, notes on lots of new signees and are starting in camp including some not revealed yet, new WWE Network event, update on the Vince McMahon/Oliver Luck legal case, Ric Flair on why he doesn't talk to the other Horsemen, Arn Anderson talks why a major international star flopped in WWE, WWE wins awards, the current WWE market value and the most-watched shows of the past week on the WWE Network.
This past week's UFC show, the background, how it affects fighters going forward, and details behind the late changes in the show.
Television ratings of the past week, including segment-by-segment numbers for the past two weeks on Wednesday, who was watching in different age groups, how different segments did on Raw & Smackdown and more.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- New WWE Champion Bobby Lashley wrote an Instagram post reflecting on his title win: “Sometimes you have to fight for the things that are important to you. When I made my return to @wwe I told myself I WILL be WWE Champion one day and I’m willing to fight for it. Nothing in life is certain and sometimes you can’t control the outcome of things but there were a couple things I could control. I could control the work I put in and the attitude I had while doing it. My attitude has always been positive and my drive has always been second to none. This night is easily one of the greatest night’s of my life. I f**cking did it!! I can’t even put into words what this title means to me. I’m still numb yet filled with so much emotion right now. I have so many people I want to thank personally and for all of you who believed in me, thank you from the bottoms of my heart. Hard work and persistence does pay off but I’m not done yet! I’m was born for this. I’m a warrior and I’m ready to stand and fight any and everyone who wants to come after this title. Now ladies and gentlemen it’s time to get back on the grind so I can make this title run legendary! I’m in .....#TheHurtBusiness I am your new WWE Champion”
- Lashley and Apollo Crews will be guests on After the Bell with Corey Graves and Vic Joseph tomorrow. The podcast is usually released on Thursdays but is coming out on Wednesday this week.
- Lio Rush, Lashley’s former on-screen manager in WWE, celebrated Lashley's title win.
- In an interview with TV Insider, Charlotte Flair spoke about wanting to work with her fiance Andrade on WWE television: “I’ve actually pitched that. I would be very much open to that. I’ve done a lot in my career, but nobody has seen me in an on-cam relationship, or in that light. I can come across cold on TV.”
- Charlotte was also asked about Rhea Ripley coming to Raw: “She’s ready. She’s awesome and knows she is. Her vignettes are great, and when it’s time for her to make that impact, it’s going to be awesome.”
- In a promo on last night's Raw, Charlotte said she wants to face Asuka for the Raw Women's Championship at WrestleMania. Charlotte was interrupted by Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler, with Charlotte then defeating Baszler on last night's show.
- Sports Illustrated interviewed Dakota Kai ahead of Kai & Raquel Gonzalez challenging for Jax & Baszler’s Women’s Tag Team titles on NXT tomorrow.
- Jax & Baszler, Sonya Deville, Beth Phoenix, amateur wrestler Heaven Fitch (who is the subject of the WWE Network’s HEAVEN documentary that’s premiering on Sunday), and Fandango have been announced as guests for tomorrow morning’s episode of WWE’s The Bump.
- During a Twitter Q&A, Mustafa Ali noted that he’s currently wrestling with a torn PCL.
- Big E, Andreas Hale, and Jonathan Davenport’s Kickstarter for the pilot episode of their Our Heroes Rock animated series has reached its initial $75,000 goal. Big E tweeted: “We are ecstatic! On behalf of @TheRealDavenpoe and @AndreasHale, thank you all for helping us hit our goal in one week! Our stretch goal is $150k and will allow us to produce a better, longer film and fulfill all of our Kickstarter rewards.”
- Fightful reported that Chelsea Green has re-signed with WWE through 2023.
- Randy Orton and rapper Soulja Boy got into a back and forth on Twitter after Soulja Boy tweeted that the rap game is faker than WWE.
- Carlito told Wrestling Inc about the wrestlers who pushed for his January WWE return: “A couple of the boys have been talking backstage like MVP, Shelton [Benjamin], Bobby [Lashley], The Hurt Business guys have always been throwing my name around in the back. So I think they’re the ones that got the ball rolling, and then [Mark] Carano ended up calling me and asked if I want to be in The Rumble. It was a good two days.”
- WWE uploaded a Playlist video of Andre the Giant’s greatest moments.
- WWE’s YouTube channel also uploaded John Cena vs. Kurt Angle vs. Big Show from No Way Out 2004, Carlito vs. Randy Orton from Unforgiven 2006, and the SmackDown Women’s title six-pack challenge from Backlash 2016.
- Shaquille O’Neal spoke to the Associated Press ahead of making his AEW in-ring debut on tomorrow’s Dynamite: “I’m the type, I can never back down from a challenge. I’m not a professional wrestler, but I’ve been in a match before. I’ve got a lot of moves in my arsenal. When you step inside somebody’s world, you have to stick to what you’re masterful at. I’m not acrobatic. I’m not going to be jumping off the ropes. I’m coming with the power game. When I get hands on him, I’m going to display this power.”
- Shaq also appeared on the Dan Patrick Show yesterday.
- Cody Rhodes appeared on WFAN’s Carton & Roberts to promote tomorrow’s Cody & Red Velvet vs. Shaq & Jade Cargill match: “This is Johnny Cage vs. Goro -- stick and move, I can’t let him get his hands on me and get that big bearhug on me. The same goes for Jade; she has a strength and size advantage over Red Velvet, but she’s the meanest thing in our locker room. If you’re not familiar with her, she will impress a lot.”
- Cody spoke about the stipulation where he can’t challenge for the AEW World Championship: “I’m going to stick to my word on the AEW Title, but ultimately, that decision will rest on AEW owner Tony Khan. It’s the easiest heel turn in wrestling if I was to break it (laughs). I love that we’re disciplined and conservative, and presenting wrestling backwards.”
- During an appearance on Barstool Sports’ Rasslin’ podcast with Brandon Walker, Chris Jericho discussed Paul Wight signing with AEW: “People say to me, 'you can't sign all these WWE cast-offs.' We really haven't. If you look when there was the big purge last year, I don't think we hired any of those guys. Nothing against them. A guy like Big Show transcends that. He's one of the most recognizable pro wrestlers in the world. When you're dealing with a new company, if we want to try and get a TV deal in India for example, who is on the show? Chris Jericho, we know him. Sting, we know him. Paul Wight, we know him. Those are the guys that can open the door to get people's eyeballs on Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks, Darby [Allin], Cody, Ricky Starks. He is super valuable in that he has the one thing you can't teach -- two things, because you can't teach someone how to be a giant -- but you can't teach someone experience. We have a lot of big guys on our roster and Paul can help with that. He can also be very funny and charming. A motivated Paul Wight is very dangerous. He doesn't have to wrestle every week, nor should he, but when he gets the call and wants to be there and prove what he can do, he's one of the best big man workers who has ever lived. He's a great signing for AEW and anyone who doesn't know for sure will have their minds changed very quickly."
- On Sammy Guevara’s vlog this week, there was a video where Tony Khan announced that Fuego Del Sol vs. QT Marshall will take place on the Tuesday, March 9 episode of AEW Dark.
- The Independent has an interview with Darby Allin.
- Sunday’s AEW Revolution PPV will be available at select Cinemark theaters. Tickets to watch the show at Cinemark are priced at $20.
- AEW released an album today featuring women’s themes.
- ROH uploaded this week’s episode of ROH Week By Week.
- CazXL (formerly known as Big Cass) tweeted about his return to the ring: “After a long journey filled with an enormous amount of self-reflection, I now start my journey towards redemption. Thank you @The_BigLG for the opportunity, and thank you to everyone for continuing to believe in me #StraightOuttaStep12“
- Parrow will be in action on tomorrow’s episode of MLW Fusion.
- Shane Mercer has been announced for Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport 6.
- Joey Styles has filed a trademark for his wrestling name.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: The Hollywood Blonds win WCW Tag Team titles
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today