- Jamie Hayter, Skye Smitson getting WWE NXT UK tryouts
- Satoshi Kojima vs. Eddie Edwards announced for Impact Wrestling
- WWE Main Event results: NXT's Karrion Kross, Bronson Reed debut
- AEW Women's title match announced for Fyter Fest night two
- Ethan Page challenges Darby Allin to coffin match at AEW Road Rager
- AEW Dynamite live results: Omega vs. Jungle Boy World title match
- WOL: Reigns and Omega, Jungle Boy match, booking the champion, more! 6/27
- DragonKing Dark: The death of Brandon Lee
- WOR: Jungle Boy vs. Kenny Omega, AEW and Smackdown, WWE firings, more!
- Speak Now: A very fun episode of AEW Dynamite
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to email@example.com with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
A look at the WWE's last PPV of the Thunderdome era and what did and didn't work on the Hell in a Cell show is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer. We've got the booking, future direction for Money in the Bank, update on MITB tickets, star ratings, poll results and match and performer of the week.
Also in this issue:
A new lawsuit against UFC and why it is a potential game changer along with what would be almost a sure thing if it's successful regarding WWE, what the claims are, and if it's successful what it says about payment of money to athletes.
New Japan running shows in the United States, a look back at the early shows in Southern California, who is and isn't on the cards and more.
Becky Lynch returning, SummerSlam ticket sales, WWE return to MSG, WWE ticket sales, FOX and NBCU suggestions for WWE programming, Montez Ford surgery, Karrion Kross and Bronson Reed tryouts, Shayna Baszler talks angle, International TV ratings, controversy over writer with no product knowledge continued and reaction internally, Rey Mysterio talks angle he doesn't want to do, Kushida talks Kyle O'Reilly, Titus O'Neil talks his award nomination, plus next week's TV shows, WWE's biggest YouTube videos from this past week and WWE company market value.
Saturday's UFC show with match-by-match coverage, future directions for the talent, business notes and more
Changes being worked on for the Nielsen ratings and who isn't happy about them and why, television vs. streaming in 2021 and a comparison using AEW programming.
Suwama's vacating the Triple Crown, how it will be decided, and then look back at how the three belts, the United National, PWF and International belts all formed, when, their rules, their history and the creation of the Triple Crown more than 30 years ago.
A feature on the death of former bodybuilding star turned pro wrestler Melissa Coates.
More into detail on the ratings than any other source, how many different viewers the shows had, breakdown of who watches the shows and how they watch, DVR numbers and how long the average fan watches.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
Our weekend shows with both Garrett Gonzlaez and Bryan Alvarez are both up on the site right now. We'll have our next new show Monday night after Raw.
As far as Google searches for the week, for the first time since the pandemic I believe, a UFC show failed to crack the top 20 yesterday in Google searches. The only stuff this weekend was boxing related with Gervonta Davis at No. 3 yesterday at 500,000 and Lomachenko was No. 7 at 200,000. On Thursday, the No. 1 searched topic was Fast 9 at 1 million.
Fast 9 was No. 1 at the box office and was expected to gross $70 million this weekend. Fast 8 opened to $98.8 million. That's not to say that it's a sign of lessening interest in the franchise because everything is different from back then due to COVID.
We've posted this before, but since the 45th anniversary of Ali vs. Inoki was Friday, this is a piece of history, Bill Apter interviewing Bruno Sammartino in the dugout of Shea Stadium after the match just ended. You won't believe this if you've never heard it before.
Regarding Kevin Owens and his return next week, the story is this. When Owens wrote last week that he was stepping away for a while and when we mentioned he had asked for time off, he actually only asked for just under two weeks off, so he is returning Friday for the last man standing match with Sami Zayn and was always only going to miss this week's show.
Want to send our condolences to Bobby Eaton, Bill Dundee and all friends and family of Donna Crookshanks Eaton, who passed away at 57 over the weekend. Donna was the wife of Bobby Eaton and daughter of Bill Dundee. The couple has three children.
Jackie Robinson, obviously not the baseball legend, but the pro wrestling star of the 70s and 80s in the U.K. passed away this weekend. Robinson was the cousin of Billy Robinson and son of pro wrestler Alf Robinson. He was a three-time lightweight champion in the era of Dynamite Kid, Rollerball Rocco and Steve Wright. He was one of the most-liked wrestlers of the era. Like his cousin, he was a top level amateur wrestler who later coached amateur wrestling. (thanks to Bradley Craig)
ROH said that they are still working through technical issues regarding the Hour Club member presale for Glory by Honor on 8/20 and 8/21 in Philadelphia at the 2300 Arena. The presale has been moved to 10 a.m. starting tomorrow morning and General Public on sale is Friday at 10 a.m.
Regarding Smackdown from the cable stuff we have, viewers were down 5.5 percent and viewing time down 5.4 percent from last week, which makes sense since last week was the Roman Reigns vs. Rey Mysterio Hell in a Cell title match. These numbers have nothing to do with Nielsen ratings. We don't have anything on AEW yet but should tomorrow.
- Some Florida house show main events for early August are Drew McIntyre & Kofi Kingston vs. Bobby Lashley & MVP, which in theory means MVP will be back wrestling by then.
- Vince McMahon went to see the Dave Chappelle comedy show over the weekend.
- Former Sports Illustrated reporter Jon Wertheim writes about the summer of 1984 and the Cyndi Lauper-Lou Albano angle that gave WWF so much media publicity and got them over with MTV (thanks to Lee Wall)
- Bill Apter talks to Barry Windham about Bray Wyatt, his brother Kendall and more.
- Grant Holt talks being a fan of WWE and meeting Billy Gunn (thanks to Lee Wall)
- A story on an indie show and the retirement of Tim Horner Jr.. (thanks to Mike Kumzuk)
- Pro Wrestling All-stars from Friday night in Brownstown, MI: Molluck b Royce Carney III, Cobra Kai NC Donte Casson & Mason Keller, LJ Lawrence NC Soultaker, Atlas Hytower b Darion Ultra, Chuck Stein & Sean Lawhorn b Breyer Wellington & Frank Isaac Anderson, Alex Van Zant b El Ridiculoso, Mysterious Movado b Forever Young, Adam Wick b Jimmy Jacobs (thanks to Leonard Brand)
- For Impact in 60 this week at 10 p.m. Eastern on Thursday night on AXS they will be doing The Best of Chelsea Green/Laurel Van Ness.
- Tom Budgen, formerly Aleister Black, has signed a merchandise deal with MMA brand Hayabusa.
- The next AAW show is 7/9 at 115 Bourbon Street in Merrionette Park, IL on FITE TV with Mance Warner vs. Fred Yehi in a cage match for the AAW title, Kris Statlander vs. Allysin Kay for the women's title, Deon Rusman & Joeasa vs. Ace Austin & Madman Fulton for the tag titles, Myron Reed vs. Hakim Zane (Rohit Raju) for the Heritage title, Skye Blue vs.Hyan in an I Quit match and Manders vs. Robin Steele.
- Juggalo Championship Wrestling from Wednesday night in Detroit: Weedman b Officer Rod Street, Madman Pondo b Breyer Wellington, Charlie Kruel b Edevan Von England,Funnybone b Sinn Bohdi, Aidan Blackheart b Chuck Stein, Super Crazy b Espiritu Maya, Mosh Pit Mike & Chuey Martinez b Mr. Fitness & Crossfit Rob and Boys in the Hood, Kongo Kong b Shane Mercer (thanks to Leonard Brand)
- Because Jamie Hayter, who did some matches with AEW, is doing a WWE tryout, RevPro has announced she has vacated the British women's championship. Zoe Lucas vs. Gisele Shaw takes place on 7/4 at the Cockpit in London for the vacant title. Hayter and Skye Smitson are both getting WWE tryouts.
- Tokyo Joshi Pro results from today in Tokyo which was a free YouTube show with 15,000 viewers live for the main event: Rika Tatsumi & Miu Watanabe b Nao Kakuta & Kaya Toribami, Yuka Sakazaki won three-way over Nodoka Tenma & Haruna Neko, Shoko Nakajima & Mizuki & Hyper Misao b Yuki Kamifuku & Yuki Aino & Pom Harajuku, Marika Kobashi & Raku b Hikaru Noa & Miahiro Kiryu, Miyu Yamashita & Maki Itoh & Moka Miyamoto b Mirai Maiumi & Suzume & Arisa Endo (thanks to Shannon Walsh and JoshiSunTimes.com)
Daily Pro Wrestling History: 10th anniversary of CM Punk's 'pipe bomb'
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today