- Lucha Bros vs. Sydals, Jade Cargill's return set for AEW Dark: Elevation
- WWE Main Event results: Ryker vs. Alexander, Garza vs. Dorado
- WWE NXT cuts led by Vince McMahon, changes coming to brand
- Ciryl Gane wins interim heavyweight title at UFC 265
- NJPW Super Junior Tag League: Updated standings and schedule
- NJPW Summer Struggle results: Super Junior Tag League night two
- Team Filthy 10-man tag added to NJPW Resurgence
- UFC 265 live results: Derrick Lewis vs. Ciryl Gane
- WWE SmackDown overnight ratings up from last week
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
In this week's issue:
- Bobby Eaton, one of the all-time greatest between the ropes
- Jody Hamilton and the legend of the Assassins
- Bray Wyatt and Ric Flair's WWE departures
- An update on how the biggest WWE & AEW shows upcoming are doing
- WWE says AEW isn't competition publicly and at the same time what was happening not publicly
- Dragon Gate's biggest shows of the year and the retirement of Masato Yoshino
- A.J. McKee and the problems with the current set up in MMA
- PWG returns
- More detail on the ratings than any other source, how many different viewers the shows had, breakdown of who watches the shows, how they watch, DVR numbers and how long the average fan watches
- Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
We had two major shows the last two nights, one with Garrett Gonzales and the other with Bryan Alvarez going over the WWE cuts and the much bigger backstory of the cuts, up on the site.
Abdulrashid Sadulaev won the third match in the greatest modern amateur wrestling rivalry in winning the gold medal match yesterday over Kyle Snyder at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba Japan. Sadulaev, considered by many as the greatest wrestler in the world, stopped 2016 gold medalist Snyder by a 6-3 score. Sadulaev and Snyder were the stars of the 2016 Olympics, winning gold medals at 189 and 213 pounds respectively. Sadulaev moved up a weight class in 2017 for the world championships to beat Snyder, but Snyder won. In the 2018 world championships, Sadulaev scored a first round pin. Sadulaev went up 6-0, but Snyder got a takedown and push out to make it 6-3 and Sadulaev defended him the last 28 seconds. All five male freestyle wrestlers ended up medaling with Snyder getting the silver medal. Russia won the team championship over the U.S., which came down to that match.
Sara Hildenbrandt of the U.S. captured the bronze medal at 110 pounds with a tech fall win over Oksana Livach of Ukraine in the second round.
UFC 265 last night did 550,000 searches, which put it No. 2 on the list for yesterday. That's the lowest number for a PPV show in a long time and there have been Fight Nights in the same realm. It doesn't appear creating a fake title the way they did made a difference, but then again, there wasn't a marquee fight on last night's show either. Jose Aldo was No. 14.
For the rest of the week, on Thursday, Suicide Squad was No.. 1 with two million searches, Gable Steveson was No. 14 with 100,000 and Bobby Eaton was No. 17 with 100,000. The only other combat sports related number was Tymara Mensah-Stock, who won a gold medal and has interest in WWE, No. 12 with 100,000. Ric Flair did not crack the top 20 but Bray Wyatt when he was released last week hit 200,000.
Pro Wrestling NOAH announcer Mark Pickering has a story on Gable Steveson.
Pickering will be at ringside on English commentary on 8/15 for NOAH with Stewart Fulton with Takashi Sugiura v Masato Tanaka for both the NOAH National Championship and the ZERO-1 Heavyweight title, Great Muta teams with a face-painted up Marufuji, STINGER defend their GHC JNR HVT titles v Kongoh and Kaito Kiyomiya rematches NOSAWA Rongai. It will be live on FITE TV.
Michael Chiesa explains his loss to Vicente Luque.
Bobby Eaton's family announced this funeral information. A service for Eaton, one of the greatest in-ring performers in pro wrestling history, will be held on 8/24 at 2 p.m. at the New Generation Funeral Home at 2930 Murfreesboro Pike, Antioch,TN 37013.
In kind of an amazing stat, 63 percent of the tickets for last night's WWE show in Estero, FL were sold after the announcement of John Cena on the show. Thus far Cena's name has led to anywhere from 18 to 63 percent new ticket sales, with Louisville, Milwaukee, Detroit and last night all having greater than 50 percent increases (thanks to William Zdon)
Notes from last night's show. John Cena and Roman Reigns got the biggest reactions but the crowd was hot all night. Notably they are keeping Drew McIntyre away from Jinder Mahal at house shows as McIntyre faced Veer and Mahal did a run-in after the match. John Cena & Mysterios over Reigns & Usos headlined, doing the same match they are doing every night with Cena pinning Jey with an Attitude Adjustment. (thanks to Michael Washington)
- Titus O'Neil and Flo Rida are hosting a back to school bash in Tampa. (thanks to Mike Kuzmuk)
- Emi Sakura did a farewell last night at Cocopro and said she was leaving. She said she had a one-way ticket to the U.S. and is staying there and will be working full-time for AEW. The belief is she will be both a wrestler and a coach. Another Chocopro wrestler, Lulu Pencil, noted she was also coming to the U.S.
- Aaron Pico announced the arrival of his first child, a son named Valentino, on 7/31.
- Mark Henry will make an appearance as Anthony Green will wrestle for a Don Bucci show on 10/9 in Lacey Township, NJ at the High School with the BWO vs. Coralluzzo Collection Agency as the main feud.
- Stardom Five Star Grand Prix results from Saturday in Osaka: Mina Shirakawa won three-way over Starlight Kid and Hina, Momo Watanabe & Saya Kamitani b Konami & Rina, Mayu Iwatani & Koguma & Hanan b Maika & Natsupoi & Lady C, Tam Nakano b Ruaka, Saki Kashima b Giulia, Utami Hayashishita b Unagi Sayaka, AZM b Syuri (thanks to JoshiSunTimes.com)
- Stardom Grand Prix results from today in Osaka: Unagi Sayaka won three-way over AZM and Lacy C, Mayu Iwatani & Koguma & Hanan b Momo Watanabe & Utami Hayashishita & Hina, Giulia & Syuri b Konami & Rina, Maika b Ruaka, Mina Shirakawa b Saki Kashima, Natsupoi DCOR Starlight Kid, Saya Kamitani b Tam Nakano
- Lance Archer came to Memphis for Championship Wrestling from Memphis on 7/11 and taped stuff for three weeks of television that finished up yesterday He did promos the first two weeks. On the show that aired yesterday, he came out during the first match and choke slammed Precious, and grabbed Dustin Starr. At the end of the show he came out and was jumped by the tag team champs the Skimahorns and Uncle Mickey. Archer made his own comeback and Brett Michaels, the top babyface came out. Michaels hit a lariat sending Archer over the top rope.
- Championship Wrestling from Memphis last night in Memphis before a sellout crowd: K-Toomer b Chris Hayes, Bret Michaels b Carlos Alexander Rios, Danny B b Derrick King-COR, James Storm b Uncle Mikey, Alan Steel b Lil Chris in a street for for the Memphis Heritage title, Aaron Roberts & Zay Washington b Skimahorns to win the tag titles. Chase Stevens was backstage. Chris Harris did a run-in to save James Storm from a post-match beatdown. Teddy Long was there as the commissioner and raised the hands of Roberts & Washington after they won the titles.
- AAW from last night in Merrionette Park, IL before 470 fans: Shane Mercer b Isaiah Moore, Jody Threat won over Skye Blue and Christi Jaynes, Ace Austin won over Hakim Zane, Jah-C and b Davey Vega to get a shot at the Heritage title held by Myron Reed on 9/2 at the Logan Square Auditorium, Russ Jones b Hartenblower, Allysin Kay b Melanie Cruise to keep the women's title, Schaff b Jake Something, Robin Steel & Joeasa b Jake Lander & Brayden Lee to keep the tag titles, Colt Cabana b Larry D, Eddie Kingston & Mat Fitchett b Fred Yehi & Curt Stallion Rogers when Fitchett pinned Rogers. Kingston got a huge reaction and everyone tore it up.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: WCW Road Wild 1998
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today