- AEW announces console video game, two mobile games
- WWE Raw ratings: Viewership and 18-49 number up from last week
- Middleweight title match added to return of MLW Fusion
- Brian Cage vs. Matt Sydal announced for next AEW Dynamite
- WWE Raw video highlights: Survivor Series build continues
- Two title matches announced for next week's WWE Raw
- UFC notes: Nunes out of title defense; new main event for Saturday
- KENTA to defend IWGP US title shot contract on NJPW Strong
- ROH TV results: Brody King vs. Dalton Castle
- Riddle qualifies for WWE Survivor Series, Team Raw fully set
- WOL: Raw and Smackdown, AEW vs. NXT, Sasha and Bayley, tons more! 11/10
- DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show: December 1981 in pro wrestling 11/10
- WOR: AEW and NXT previews, RAW and Smackdown, New Japan line-ups, more! 11/10
We take a look at the life and wrestling career of Tracy Smothers with a major feature as the lead story in this week's issue of the Wrestling Observer.
We look at those he helped teach, his last two decades on the independent scene, his battle with cancer, with comments from his friends and many of today's major stars. We look at the unique first time he was in the ring, wrestling bears, playing sports growing up, the famous first TV taping he worked against five Hall of Famers in one night. We look at his runs in different territories, his first major title, the birth of the Southern Boys tag team, the best match of 1990 in U.S. wrestling, why the Southern Boys name was dropped, Smoky Mountain Wrestling, ECW, Freddie Joe Floyd, The Thugs and much more.
Also in this issue:
Kylie Rae stepping away from pro wrestling and some of the lessons this should teach us.
Preview AEW's Full Gear show as well as WWE's Survivor Series, looking at the matches, the booking, selling tickets and what can be expected.
The WWE Twitch situation, a WWE meeting with employees, what is banned at the Thunderdome, A&E specials, where wrestling stands in sports ratings, WWE ratings outside the U.S., college star talks WWE, next week's TV, most-watched shows on the WWE Network and current WWE market value.
Preview both New Japan tournaments coming up. We look at how much the junior talent in New Japan has dropped over the last year and why.
The last fight of Anderson Silva in UFC and his career, as well as full coverage of Saturday's UFC show.
Gate of Destiny, one of Dragon Gate's signature events of the year, the angles, who is getting promoted, the future of the company as well as match-by-match coverage.
DDT's Ultimate Party.
Ratings breakdowns in every segment for Wednesdays and every category for other shows, looking at stats not available elsewhere to get the deepest read into how shows are doing, what categories are doing well and how shows compare with previous weeks and one year ago.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- IWA Puerto Rico announced that Savio Vega will be in attendance at Survivor Series for The Undertaker’s Final Farewell: “Kwang/Savio Vega will be back in WWE, this time to be present during the retirement of his great friend and brother The Undertaker, who culminates a successful career exactly 30 years after his first appearance at Survivor Series 1990.”
- Bianca Belair, Lacey Evans, Pete Dunne, The Godfather, and college basketball star Tyrese Haliburton have been announced for tomorrow morning’s episode of WWE’s The Bump.
- Rey and Dominik Mysterio were Lilian Garcia’s guests on the latest edition of Chasing Glory on the WWE Network. Rey spoke about his in-ring future: "I'll be 45 in December. And I don't see myself going past 50, that's for sure. My body feels great right now. I've been doing new methods of therapy - STEM cells, hyperbaric chambers, cryo chambers, CBD's, you know, a lot of things that benefit me. I think that has given me more longevity."
- Rey also said he wants to finish his career with WWE: "Definitely, yes. Once you enter here, you can't go any higher than this. This is where I've always envisioned myself finishing my career.”
- TVInsider has an interview with Garcia.
- Jake Atlas will be the guest on this Friday’s episode of the Swerve City podcast on the WWE Network.
- Alexa Bliss appeared on the latest episode of the Alison Rosen Is Your New Best Friend podcast. Taylor Hanson is the guest on this week’s edition of Uncool with Alexa Bliss.
- Tyson Kidd spoke to The New Day on their Feel the Power podcast this week.
- TV Insider and Sports Illustrated interviewed Braun Strowman ahead of last night’s Raw. Strowman told TV Insider about the circumstances of his Universal Championship run from earlier this year and replacing Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 36: “You never know what’s going to happen in WWE. That’s one of my favorite things about the job that keeps you on your toes. Opportunity blew the door off the hinges for me at that moment. It was a little more difficult than I think in normal times; [having] no crowd and being under the microscope without being able to hide behind the cheers or the boos and the animation of the audience, I feel like we all had to step our level of performance up. I put my head down and went to work. In my opinion, I think I did a damn good job. I think we made the most of it. I think we did an awesome job, everyone I had to work with, and behind the scenes and story-telling. The whole aspect of it in the middle of a pandemic, I thought we hit a home run.”
- In an Instagram post, Karrion Kross wrote about his recovery from the separated shoulder he suffered in August: ”I have deliberately neglected to answer any questions about my health from fans since August 22nd for a variety of reasons. I see them everyday though. And the check in’s have been sincerely appreciated. However, Today I will answer your question. I feel absurdly stronger now than I did even before July. I have not squandered this time away. I have always been addicted to challenges and avenues of improvement since I was a small kid. And I see no point in returning if I’m not coming back even stronger than I was to begin with. See you all again when the T I M E is right. Which as you know... could be any second. Or maybe when you least expect it. #EXCELSIOR #TickTock”
- Today is Peyton Royce’s 28th birthday.
- A new WWE Day Of episode will premiere on the WWE Network this Friday. It will be uploaded on demand at 10 a.m. Eastern time and will focus on the day of this year’s Hell in a Cell PPV.
- Tom Phillips shared an interaction with a fan who criticized him for his pronunciation of Mustafa Ali’s name.
- WWE has filed a trademark for “The Way.”
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded The Undertaker vs. Yokozuna in a casket match from Survivor Series 1994, John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWE Championship from Survivor Series 2009, and the Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown women’s elimination match from Survivor Series 2017.
- In an interview with Bleacher Report ahead of Full Gear, Cody Rhodes spoke about his political aspirations: “I have a ton of desire to do more acting so long as it doesn't conflict with my job here. I'm 35, and I said I only wanted to wrestle for five more years. I have political aspirations. I would love to run for the Senate in the great state of Georgia. I want to help with the sphere of influence I have created. I always say if you do the work, it will pay off. That is why I love Brandi. She is so incredibly hardworking, and we have to remind each other to be present often, but when we are it's very special."
- Priscilla Kelly congratulated Darby Allin on his TNT Championship win: “It’s crazy watching someone start from barely having money to eat to taking over the world. No one deserves it more, and I’m super proud to have been there to watch him grow over the years into who he is as a performer today. Congrats @DarbyAllin, a Hell of a champion.”
- Sammy Guevara’s latest vlog documents the behind the scenes from last week’s Dynamite and his Elite Deletion match against Matt Hardy from Full Gear.
- Post Wrestling’s Andrew Thompson has an interview with Matt Taven.
- CIMA is set for AJPW’s show at Korakuen Hall on December 13.
- Jacob Fatu and Rich Swann have been announced for GCW’s Slime Season show in Las Vegas on December 5.
- Danhausen has filed a trademark for his in-ring name.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Eddie Guerrero wins WCW Cruiserweight title
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today