- WWE SmackDown overnight viewership down from last week
- Four WWE NXT talents get new ring names
- Reigns-Edge Universal title match official for WWE Money in the Bank
- UFC on ESPN+ 48 live results: Ciryl Gane vs. Alexander Volkov
- Updated list of entrants for MLW Battle Riot match
- Kingston-MVP segment, six-woman tag match added to WWE Raw
- WWE SmackDown video highlights: Edge returns
- New Triple Crown Champion crowned at AJPW Champions Night
- NJPW Strong results: Tom Lawlor vs. Karl Fredericks
- WOR: WWE releases, AEW finances, Edge
- Speak Now: WWE releases & SmackDown show recap
- F4D: Lance Storm on WWE cuts, AEW and NXT, Melissa Coates, more!
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
A look at the WWE's last PPV of the Thunderdome era and what did and didn't work on the Hell in a Cell show is the lead story in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer. We've got the booking, future direction for Money in the Bank, update on MITB tickets, star ratings, poll results and match and performer of the week.
Also in this issue:
A new lawsuit against UFC and why it is a potential game changer along with what would be almost a sure thing if it's successful regarding WWE, what the claims are, and if it's successful what it says about payment of money to athletes.
New Japan running shows in the United States, a look back at the early shows in Southern California, who is and isn't on the cards and more.
Becky Lynch returning, SummerSlam ticket sales, WWE return to MSG, WWE ticket sales, FOX and NBCU suggestions for WWE programming, Montez Ford surgery, Karrion Kross and Bronson Reed tryouts, Shayna Baszler talks angle, International TV ratings, controversy over writer with no product knowledge continued and reaction internally, Rey Mysterio talks angle he doesn't want to do, Kushida talks Kyle O'Reilly, Titus O'Neil talks his award nomination, plus next week's TV shows, WWE's biggest YouTube videos from this past week and WWE company market value.
Saturday's UFC show with match-by-match coverage, future directions for the talent, business notes and more
Changes being worked on for the Nielsen ratings and who isn't happy about them and why, television vs. streaming in 2021 and a comparison using AEW programming.
Suwama's vacating the Triple Crown, how it will be decided, and then look back at how the three belts, the United National, PWF and International belts all formed, when, their rules, their history and the creation of the Triple Crown more than 30 years ago.
A feature on the death of former bodybuilding star turned pro wrestler Melissa Coates.
More into detail on the ratings than any other source, how many different viewers the shows had, breakdown of who watches the shows and how they watch, DVR numbers and how long the average fan watches.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SATURDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WWE has filed trademarks for “Hachiman” and “Elektra Lopez.” Elektra Lopez is Karissa Rivera’s new in-ring name in NXT.
- On “Shooting The Sh*t Uncensored” last week, Molly Holly spoke about the two-month trial that she’s currently doing as a WWE producer: “So when I went to the Hall Of Fame or maybe it was WrestleMania, anyway, recently I was asked if I would be willing to do like a two-month tryout as a producer to see if it’s something I would wanna do, and at first I was like, ‘No, I just -- my life right now is so stress-free. Like I’m just super happy the way things are’ and then, they gave me the hard sell about how I would be such a blessing to the girls that are up and coming that used to watch me when they were little and they look up to me and then I could give a whole fresh perspective and they just gave a lot of reasons as to why I should at least give it a try. So I am in the tryout period and it’s been positive so far. So I haven’t decided, one, if I want to work there full-time and they haven’t decided if they want me full-time. They might say like, ‘Oh, we thought you’d have [brought] this to the table but it turns out you weren’t a good fit,’ something. So that’s why I didn’t want to make a big deal about this producer trial because it might fizzle out and maybe nothing will happen. But so far, it has been a positive experience.”
- Shayna Baszler told Sports Illustrated about feeling that it’s important to show that she can cover a wide range of what pro wrestling is today: “I need to show that I can be counted on to nail whatever it is I’m being asked to do. It’s easy to be a badass tyrant like I was in NXT. I can totally fit that role. After establishing myself as that, it’s important to show I can cover a wide range of what professional wrestling is today. It’s like music. Some people like country, some like heavy metal. Not everything is for everyone, so I understand why some people roll their eyes when I do comedy. But I’m established as what I am. All it takes is one sentence from a promo delivered properly. I am a legitimate badass; that’s always there for me. I’m glad I can be on Raw and show a wider range.”
- Drew McIntyre will be a part of the Discovery Channel’s Shark Week event. He will be a part of Shark Rumble, which will air on Discovery+ and on Discovery’s TikTok. Shark Week will take place during the week of July 11.
- Ric Flair appeared at Fenway Park in Boston last night as part of former Red Sox player Dustin Pedroia’s retirement ceremony.
- WWE’s YouTube channel uploaded John Cena vs. Kurt Angle in Cena’s debut from the June 27, 2002 episode of SmackDown, Brock Lesnar vs. RVD in the King of the Ring tournament finals from King of the Ring 2002, and Paige vs. Naomi for the Divas Championship from Money in the Bank 2014.
- Xeva reported that Sexy Dulce, the former Sexy Star, has been hospitalized after undergoing emergency surgery for appendicitis in Guatemala. She is expected to be in the hospital for a few weeks while recovering.
- After being released by WWE, Ever-Rise did a new episode of their Saturday morning social media show. They teased that they’re “looking for a new network.”
- Marina Shafir tweeted about her release from WWE: “It’s a cold world. Good thing I was born in Moldova. Thank you to everyone who reached out and thank you for the opportunity @WWENXT. I will continue to be the hardest worker in the motherf*cking room, but now i need to be keen. I’m not done.”
- Killian Dain issued a statement about his release and directed all future booking inquiries to Damomackle@yahoo.com.
- Arturo Ruas also wrote about his release: "First of all I want to thank all my friends and fans for all the kind words and support!! Means a lot to me! Also want to thank @WWE for all this years where I had the opportunity to meet great people and learn from the best! Can’t wait for what’s coming next!! See you soon!!"
- Bayley and Amanda Huber wrote posts in appreciation of Tyler Breeze after his release.
- The Bollywood Boyz shared a message that Bret Hart sent them following their release.
- Tony Nese tweeted about his Cruiserweight title match against Buddy Murphy from the post-WrestleMania 35 episode of 205 Live in 2019: “I love that my Mania moment left an impression on some of you. I suggest watching the rematch vs @WWE_Murphy from the 205live after. That was the match we really wanted to give you but weren't allowed. Good thing is, no one in-house even watches 205 so we just did it then [winking face].”
- On Barstool Sports’ Rasslin with Brandon F. Walker earlier this month, Tony Khan discussed working with Sting: “Sting, who is very much a star of today… I’ll be honest, I don’t know how you could screw it up with Sting. Because I’ve been working with Sting now for the last seven months. This is the easiest, greatest man that I have ever known. And he wanted to work! He wasn’t looking for a $20 bajillion either, I’ll be honest with you. He would be very useful to any wrestling company in the world, and he wanted to do stuff. And he’s at TV every week! He’s a huge part of our roster. So, I count him as a star of the present. Sting hadn’t wrestled a match in many years and this year he came back and wrestled two great matches and two very different kinds [of matches]. He’s very much proved he’s still a star of the present.”
- The July 1st and 2nd NJPW shows that will air on NJPW World will be free, with no sign-up required.
- During a Twitch Q&A, Matt Hardy said he wants the final gimmick of his career to be teaming with Jeff Hardy as themselves in AEW.
- Former NXT wrestler EJ Nduka spoke to Sports Illustrated about joining MLW.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Muhammad Ali vs. Antonio Inoki
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today