Editor's Note: This is the show Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez discussed on Wrestling Observer Radio Sunday morning.
Submitted by reader Andy McCarroll
Ireland’s Over The Top Wrestling staged their first show Saturday in the new venue of the National Stadium in Dublin in front of a raucous sellout crowd of 2200. This was also the first OTT show streamed live on FloSlam.
- Grado pinned Charlie Sterling in an entertaining, comedy style opener that got the already lively crowd into even more of a frenzy.
- Jigsaw defeated local favourite Scotty Davis. Crowd was really into Davis.
- Jurn Simmons defeated Lord Paul Tracey in an engaging match that stood out mostly for Jurn's awesome entrance that took almost as long as the match itself.
- Justin Shape & Logan Bryce defeated The Gymnasties after interference from their manager in one of the best matches on the card. This had some really cool spots including a Hardy Boys' Poetry In Motion to the outside. The Gymnasties looked to have split up after the loss.
- Session Moth Martina, Nixon Newell, & Alex Windsor defeated Bea Priestley, Jinny & Katey Harvey in a fun match
Having seen entrances for every form of combat in venues from Dublin to Las Vegas, the electricity the crowd had for the arrival of Team Session Moth was unbelievable. The place went crazy when "Maniac 2000" started playing, and the crowd filled the ring with glow sticks. Martina got the pin after a jumping Codebreaker. After the match, it was announced that Nixon would be heading to NXT.
- The Kings Of The North bested The Lads From The Flats in a 6 man match that curiously was for the OTT tag titles. This was a rip-roaring match from start to finish that resembled a video game with unlimited finishers turned on.
- OTT storyline owner Gerry Humperdink announced that Mick Foley would be taking over OTT's next show -- WrestleRama on August 5th. The show will feature Matt Sydal, Joey Ryan, and more.
- Marty Scurll choked out Jay White via chicken wing
This was the best pure wrestling match on the card. It had no comedy and was just straight forward, technical, high-level wrestling. "The Villain" did his spot where he appears to dislocate his opponent's fingers with a sickening sound that echoed through the arena. Both looked strong with White getting a lot of offense in.
- Zack Gibson defeated Angel Cruz in a silly but entertaining bout. There was a very funny spot with Cruz attempting to do Undertaker's "Old School" while being helped by his bodyguards who had sat on the shoulder of the other to keep Cruz upright.
- Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks (The Elite) defeated Lio Rush, Ryan Smile & Will Ospreay (The Uptown Funkers)
The match was played mostly for laughs with some unbelievable displays of skill and athleticism peppered throughout. Matt grabbed the mike in the middle of the match while he had Smile locked in a Sharpshooter to tell the crowd that Bret Hart was his favourite wrestler, to subscribe to their YouTube channel, and buy their merch from Pro Wrestling Tees.
Omega got the pin after the Bucks hit a Meltzer Driver and Omega hit a One Winged Angel. After the match, Omega and the Bucks superkicked practically the entire OTT roster.