Shingo Takagi and Taichi have revealed the stipulation options for their KOPW 2022 Championship match at Dominion.
Takagi will put his provisional KOPW 2022 title on the line against Taichi at Dominion this Sunday (June 12). It will either be a "Ten Minute Unlimited Pinfall Scramble Match" or a "No Time Limit, Limited Finishers Ten Count Match."
The "Ten Minute Unlimited Pinfall Scramble Match" was proposed by Takagi as his stipulation option. In the match, the wrestler who has the highest total count on their pinfall attempts at the end of 10 minutes is declared the winner.
"It’s simple as can be. Whatever happens, ten minutes to settle it. Last time, we had no time limits and a 30 count. I think in the opening moments of that we took our time a little as a result. This time, it isn’t in the main event, and I think it’s pretty appropriate to try and get the win in ten minutes," Takagi said. "That’s what’s going to put the two of us to the test, mentally and physically. It’ll be a different side to the both of us. We’ll be throwing bombs from the get go, trying to get the win as soon as possible. And even though it won’t be the main event, it’ll be the match that everyone remembers on this card. Well, if Taichi here carries his end of things anyway. Whatcha think, Taichi?"
Taichi proposed the "No Time Limit, Limited Finishers Ten Count Match" as his stipulation option. There is no time limit for the match and the first wrestler who reaches a total 10 count on their pinfall attempts is declared the winner. But Takagi can only use the Ground Cobra for his pinfall attempts and Taichi can only use the Gedo Clutch.
"I know you’re an idiot, so I’ll explain it to you. The 'No Time Limit' part means that there isn’t a limit on how long the match goes. Now, 'Limited Finishers. 'I pinned you with a Gedo Clutch and you tried to have your little get back on me with the Ground Cobra. So that’s fine. Only my Gedo Clutch and your Ground Cobra will count. Other moves, whether it’s a lariat, a brainbuster, or a DDT, you can’t score a pin from," Taichi said. "And the 'Ten Count,' whoever gets to a total of ten first wins. Last time it was thirty, and although I can humiliate you and pin you for 30 in one go, I won’t because I’m nice. So ten it is. How’s that?"
A Twitter poll will determine which stipulation the match is contested under.
Takagi won the provisional KOPW 2022 title from Taichi in a "30 Count Match" at NJPW Golden Fight Series this April.
Dominion is being held at Osaka-jo Hall on Sunday and will air live on NJPW World. Here's the updated card for the show:
- IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada defends against Jay White
- IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion Juice Robinson defends against Will Ospreay and SANADA in a three-way match
- NEVER Openweight Champion Tama Tonga defends against Karl Anderson
- KOPW 2022 Champion Shingo Takagi defends against Taichi
- Interim AEW World Championship eliminator match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Hirooki Goto
- IWGP Tag Team Champions Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens defend against Jeff Cobb & The Great-O-Khan
- NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Champions EVIL, SHO & Yujiro Takahashi defend against El Desperado, Zack Sabre Jr. & Yoshinobu Kanemaru
- Toru Yano vs. Doc Gallows
- Hiromu Takahashi, Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI vs. Taiji Ishimori, Ace Austin & El Phantasmo
- Ryusuke Taguchi, Master Wato & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. TJP, Francesco Akira & Aaron Henare