NJPW's World Tag League continued on Friday with a show from Kochi.
Following the eighth night of the tournament, four teams are still in the hunt to make it to the finals. Aussie Open sit atop the group with 14 points but have no more round-robin matches scheduled. They would have faced Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens on the final night but the Bullet Club team has forfeited all remaining matches due to Owens suffering a death in the family.
TMDK (12 points), Bishamon (12 points), Aussie Open (14 points), and Tetsuya Naito & SANADA (12 points) are the only teams still alive.
Below are the results from night eight on Friday:
- World Tag League match: Tetsuya Naito & SANADA defeated Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer
- World Tag League match: Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste defeated Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis
- World Tag League match: EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi defeated Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toru Yano
- World Tag League match: YOSHI-HASHI & Hirooki Goto defeated Gabriel Kidd & Alex Coughlin
- Shingo Takagi, Hiromu Takahashi & Titan defeated DOUKI, Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado
- Kevin Knight, Master Wato, KUSHIDA & Tomoaki Honma defeated Gedo, Chris Bey, Ace Austin & Taiji Ishimori
- Aaron Henare & Great-O-Khan defeated Oskar Leube & Ryohei Oiwa
- Bad Luck Fale defeated Yuto Nakashima
The standings heading into the final night of round-robin action are below.
NJPW World Tag League 2022 standings --
- Aussie Open (Mark Davis & Kyle Fletcher) (14 points, 7-2)
- TMDK (Shane Haste & Mikey Nicholls) (12 points, 6-2)
- Tetsuya Naito & SANADA (12 points, 6-2)
- Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) (12 points, 6-2)
- Great-O-Khan & Aaron Henare (8 points, 4-4)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Toru Yano (8 points, 4-4)
- Minoru Suzuki & Lance Archer (6 points, 3-5)
- EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi (4 points, 2-6)
- Bad Luck Fale & Chase Owens (4 points, 2-7) (forfeited their remaining matches after Owens withdrew from the tournament due to a death in his family)
- Alex Coughlin & Gabriel Kidd (2 points, 1-7)
The top two teams in the group will face each other in the finals on December 14. Tie-breaking procedures begin with head-to-head records and in the case of a multi-team tie, the team (or two teams in the case of a three-way tie atop the group) with the best record against the other teams that they are tied with advances.
Just two matches on the final night of the round-robin could factor into who makes it to the finals. Below are the four tournament matches scheduled for the show:
- SANADA & Tetsuya Naito (12 points) vs. EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi (4 points)
- Bishamon (12 points) vs. TMDK (12 points)
- Toru Yano & Hiroshi Tanahashi (8 points) vs Great-O-Khan & Aaron Henare (8 points)
- Alex Coughlin & Gabriel Kidd (2 points) vs. Lance Archer & Minoru Suzuki (6 points)