Though he was able to defeat Mark Hunt at UFC 200, it appears that the Beast has been conquered by USADA.
On Friday afternoon, the UFC released a statement saying that Brock Lesnar had been flagged by the anti-doping organization because of a possible out-of-competition violation.
The sample was taken on June 28th according to Lance Pugmire of the LA Times. The UFC received word that Lesnar had been flagged on July 14th.
It is not clear what caused the failure or what this will mean for Lesnar’s mixed martial arts career going forward, other than a possible two-year suspension if Lesnar failed for performance-enhancing drugs.
When asked about the situation by the Associated Press, Lesnar said, "We will get to the bottom of this."
In a post regurgitating what we already know about what happened, WWE also released a very brief statement, simply saying “Brock Lesnar has not performed for WWE since WrestleMania and is not scheduled to return until Sunday, August 21."
Lesnar is still scheduled to face Randy Orton at WWE Summerslam.
Lesnar wouldn’t commit to fighting again after defeating Hunt, but said that it was the most fun he has had in a while.
Lesnar successfully made his return to MMA after a five-year layoff against Hunt at what the UFC was hoping would be their biggest event in history. He returned to the WWE in 2012 and has been consistently booked as a top star since.
Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez recorded an episode of Wrestling Observer Radio talking about the news Friday night.