In the wake of Vince McMahon and WWE's Wednesday announcement that the company is making changes to financially navigate their way through the coronavirus pandemic, the company announced the release of several in-ring talents.
This post will be updated as more releases are announced.
- Drake Maverick (James Curtin)
- Curt Hawkins (Brian Myers)
- Karl Anderson (Chad Allegra)
- Luke Gallows (Andrew Hankinson)
- EC3 (Michael Hutter)
- Lio Rush (Lionel Green)
- Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz)
- Heath Slater (Heath Miller)
- Aiden English (Matthew Rehwoldt)
- Kurt Angle
- Sarah Logan (Sarah Rowe)
- Referee Mike Chioda
- Erick Rowan (Joseph Ruud)
- Primo (Edwin Colon)
- Epico (Orlando Colon Nieves)
- Mike Kanellis (Mike Bennett)
- Maria Kanellis (Maria Kanellis-Bennett)
- Zack Ryder (Matthew Cardona)
- No Way Jose (Levis Valenzuela)
- Rusev (Miroslav Barnyashev)
Maverick posted a video saying he's still going to be competing in the interim NXT Cruiserweight Championship tournament.
Angle, who has been working in a behind-the-scenes role, was included in the list of releases announced by WWE. English has been working as a commentator for 205 Live.
Writer Andrea Listenberger tweeted that she's been let go: "Lots of people getting let go at #WWE today and regrettably, I am one of them. But I'm proud of the work I've been able to do since starting in Dec., and glad that the storyline I worked on resonated with so many people. That's what writing is about for me. #OtisandMandyForever"