On the tenth part of the longform history of pro wrestling series, we cover 1900-1904 today and talk a lot about Frank Gotch, his scam tour of the Yukon, the rise of George Hackenschmidt, Tom Jenkins, and more.
But before we begin, the first segment of the show addresses the death of Jimmy Snuka. On this episode, host Karl Stern talks about:
- The death and complicated story of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.
- The longform history of pro wrestling part 10 begins in 1900.
- The rise of Frank Gotch.
- Frank Gotch goes to the Yukon, changes his name, and runs a scam.
- Tom Jenkins is the major star in the United States and American Champion.
- George Hackenschmidt begins his rise in Europe to becoming the first World champion.
- What are the real origins of tag team wrestling?