Pictured: Mort "Masked Marvel" Henderson
Good grief Charlie Brown has Karl Stern got a show for you today. If you thought goofy gimmicks and outlandish Memphis-style wrestling was a 1970s southern invention, then let me introduce you to the 1915 Manhattan Opera House International Tournament. This tournament featured masked men, an investigative newspaper, a hypnotist gimmick, and much more.
Topics covered on this week's show --
- Frank Gotch is still the unbeaten World Champion but is dodging new "World Champion" Joe Stecher.
- Joe Stecher wins a version of the World Championship and repeatedly challenges Frank Gotch.
- Ed "Strangler" Lewis uses some weird Scott Steiner math to declare himself World Champion also.
- The International Tournament takes place at the Manhattan Opera House and it rivals a Saturday morning edition on CWA Memphis wrestling in absolute gimmickry.
- A wrestler debuts a gimmick using mind control to break holds.
- The Masked Marvel drives a newspaper crazy.
- The mystery of Alexander Aberg.
This is a packed edition of the DragonKingKarl Classic Wrestling Show, so check it out!