WWE advertising Brock Lesnar vs. Kevin Owens for MSG house showBy Joseph Currier | @josephcurrier | Feb 1, 2017 2:55 pm
Though the card could always change -- especially with the show being over a month away -- WWE is advertising that Kevin Owens will soon get a match with Brock Lesnar.
Madison Square Garden's website lists a "special attraction WWE Universal Championship match" between Owens and Lesnar for the venue's SmackDown brand house show on Sunday, March 12th. If that does happen, it would be the first time Owens and Lesnar have faced each other.
Despite it currently being listed as a title match, that could change with Owens defending his Universal Championship at Fastlane on March 5th.
The inclusion of the two Raw stars is the most noteworthy thing about the advertised MSG card, but some of the show's other matches could give an indication on SmackDown's post-Elimination Chamber booking. The full card scheduled for the New York City house show is:
- John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt for the WWE Championship
- Kevin Owens vs. Brock Lesnar (w/ Paul Heyman) in a special attraction match for the WWE Universal Championship
- Dean Ambrose vs. Baron Corbin vs. The Miz (w/ Maryse) for the Intercontinental Championship
- Luke Harper vs. Randy Orton
- American Alpha vs. The Usos for the SmackDown Tag Team Championship
- Apollo Crews vs. Dolph Ziggler
- Nikki Bella, Becky Lynch, Naomi & Tamina vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, Natalya & Carmella (w/ James Ellsworth)
- Rhyno, Heath Slater & Kalisto vs. Breezango & Curt Hawkins