A new match has been announced for Wednesday's AEW Dynamite.
Third-ranked Jay Lethal will take on fourth-ranked Adam Cole in a singles contest. AEW president Tony Khan made the match announcement on Twitter.
The match will be Lethal's first on Dynamite since December 2021 when he took part in the Dynamite Diamond battle royal, and his first singles match on Dynamite since his AEW debut TNT title match against Sammy Guevara on November 17, 2021. Lethal is on a four-match singles winning streak, with two wins on Dark and two on Dark: Elevation.
Here is the lineup for this week's Dynamite:
- Eight-man tornado tag match: Sting, Darby Allin & The Hardys vs. Private Party, The Butcher & The Blade
- Adam Cole vs. Jay Lethal
- Chris Jericho & Daniel Garcia vs. John Silver & Alex Reynolds
- Jon Moxley & Bryan Danielson vs. The Varsity Blonds
- Red Velvet vs. Leyla Hirsch (Kris Statlander banned from ringside)
- MJF speaks
- CM Punk appears in person for the first time since Revolution