After WCW last held the event in 2000, the Bash at the Beach name is returning for AEW.
AEW announced this morning that the Wednesday, January 15 edition of Dynamite will be named Bash at the Beach. The show is taking place at the Watsco Center in Coral Gables, Florida, with tickets going on sale this Friday at noon Eastern time. The Watsco Center is on the campus of the University of Miami.
AEW also issued a press release announcing that Bash at the Beach will be "an unprecedented, nine-day experience for superfans that features two Dynamite shows, a cruise onboard Chris Jericho’s tricked-out party ship, and non-stop entertainment in between." It will include the January 22 episode of Dynamite being filmed from Jericho's Rock N Wrestling Rager at Sea cruise.
“AEW’s Bash at the Beach events will deliver nine unforgettable days of wrestling and much more from the hottest company in the business today,” Jericho said. “Thousands of the Friends Of Jericho onboard the SOLD OUT ‘Rock N Wrestling Rager At Sea’ will have the experience of their lives, and now millions more will be able to watch AEW Dynamite along with us, as we break out the bubbly together from Miami to the Bahamas.”
Cody Rhodes filed a trademark for Bash at the Beach in March of this year.
Here's the updated list of announced Dynamite locations:
- November 20: Indiana Farmers Coliseum, Indianapolis, Indiana
- November 27: Sears Centre Arena, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
- December 4: State Farm Center, Champaign, Illinois
- December 11: Curtis Culwell Center, Garland, Texas
- December 18: American Bank Center Arena, Corpus Christi, Texas
- January 1: Daily's Place, Jacksonville, Florida
- January 8: Landers Center, Southaven, Mississippi
- January 15: Watsco Center, Coral Gables, Florida
- January 22: Chris Jericho cruise