On this week's episode of Dynamite, CM Punk will reveal when his rematch against MJF will be taking place.
AEW has announced that Punk will reveal the time, place, and rules for his upcoming match against MJF on Dynamite this Wednesday night. Punk earned another match against MJF by teaming with Jon Moxley to defeat FTR on Dynamite last week.
In Punk's home city of Chicago, MJF defeated Punk on Dynamite two weeks ago. The match initially ended with MJF using a piece of tape to choke out Punk. But when the referee saw the tape, he restarted the match. MJF ended up pinning Punk after Wardlow passed him the Dynamite Diamond Ring to use as a weapon. MJF punched Punk with the ring while the referee was distracted by Wardlow.
Since that match, MJF has bragged about beating Punk twice. Punk confronted MJF on Dynamite last week and wanted a rematch. MJF said that, if Punk could defeat FTR with any tag team partner of his choosing (except for Sting and Darby Allin), he would give Punk a rematch "any time, anywhere."
AEW's next pay-per-view is Revolution on Sunday, March 6.
This week's Dynamite is taking place at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee. Here's the updated lineup for the episode:
- TNT Champion Sammy Guevara defends against Darby Allin
- Chris Jericho & Jake Hager vs. Santana & Ortiz
- Bryan Danielson vs. Lee Moriarty
- No DQ match: Thunder Rosa vs. Mercedes Martinez
- Face of the Revolution qualifying match: Wardlow vs. Max Caster
- CM Punk will reveal the time, place, and rules for his rematch against MJF