A match between Hikaru Shida and Rebel has been announced for AEW Dynamite.
The match was made after Britt Baker interrupted a Kris Statlander interview during AEW Dark: Elevation, dismissing Statlander by saying she was number one contender and Statlander wasn’t. Shida then came in to confront Baker, but Rebel came in with her crutch. Shida knocked away the crutch. Baker then said they would see her on Dynamite.
AEW social media later confirmed the match, saying that Tony Khan had made the bout for Wednesday. The graphic reads that it will be a title eliminator match.
Hikaru Shida is set to defend the AEW World Women's title against Baker at AEW Double or Nothing, which takes place on May 30.
Also announced for Dynamite this Wednesday:
- Jon Moxley and Eddie Kingston vs. The Acclaimed
- The Young Bucks vs. The Varsity Blonds (Brian Pillman Jr. and Griff Garrison) for the AEW World Tag Team titles
- Serena Deeb vs. Red Velvet for the NWA Women’s title
- Christian Cage vs. Matt Sydal
- Anthony Ogogo vs. Austin Gunn