Jon Moxley will meet Rush for the interim AEW World Championship at Fight for the Fallen this coming Wednesday.
The match was announced during Saturday’s ROH Death Before Dishonor event. Also added is a handicap match, with Tony Nese & Mark Sterling facing off against Swerve Strickland. Strickland’s tag team partner Keith Lee is barred from ringside.
At Death Before Dishonor, Rush defeated his brother Dragon Lee in a fast-paced, hard hitting match. Moxley last defended the interim championship at the July 6 edition of Dynamite, defeating Brody King.
In recent weeks, Nese’s lawyer Sterling has been looking for people to sign his petition to remove Swerve Strickland from the AEW roster, and only needs one more signature. Sterling and Nese at Fyter Fest this past week confronted rapper Kevin Gates, who was at ringside during the Swerve/Lee Tag Team title celebration and wanted him to sign the petition. He refused. The segment ended with Nese getting punched out by Gates and Swerve throwing a cake in Sterling’s face.
Here is the lineup so far for Fight for the Fallen:
- Interim AEW World Champion Jon Moxley defends against Rush
- AEW Women's World Champion Thunder Rosa defends against Miyu Yamashita
- FTW Champion Ricky Starks defends against Danhausen
- Bryan Danielson vs. Daniel Garcia
- Swerve Strickland vs. Mark Sterling & Tony Nese (Keith Lee is banned from ringside)