AEW has announced that Amber Nova will be Kris Statlander's opponent on this Wednesday's Dynamite.
Kris Statlander is set for her first in-ring action in 10 months.
AEW has announced that Statlander will return to the ring on this Wednesday's episode of Dynamite.
Statlander suffered a torn ACL while teaming with Hikaru Shida against Nyla Rose & Penelope Ford on Dynamite last June. The injury happened when Statlander hit a dive to the outside on Kip Sabian.
On Dynamite two weeks ago, Statlander made her return during Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy's Arcade Anarchy match against Sabian & Miro. Ford pulled referee Aubrey Edwards out of the ring as Cassidy was going for a pin during the match. After Ford hit a low blow on Cassidy, Statlander returned and slammed Ford through an air hockey table.
Trent also returned from injury during the Arcade Anarchy match. The show ended with Taylor, Cassidy, Statlander, and Trent hugging and celebrating Taylor & Cassidy's win.
Here's the updated lineup for this Wednesday's Dynamite:
- AEW Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks defend against PAC & Rey Fenix
- TNT Champion Darby Allin defends against Matt Hardy in a falls count anywhere match
- Chris Jericho vs. Dax Harwood (Mike Tyson will be the special enforcer)
- Red Velvet vs. Jade Cargill
- Anthony Ogogo makes his AEW in-ring debut
- Kris Statlander vs. Amber Nova