MJF vs. Wardlow is official for AEW Double or Nothing on Sunday, May 29.
The contract for the bout was signed during this week's AEW Dynamite episode after Wardlow agreed to adhere to a set of stipulations before the match.
MJF said that Wardlow must agree to receive ten lashes in a callback to MJF's AEW feud with Cody Rhodes, who MJF mentioned by name. Wardlow must then face Shawn Spears in a steel cage match, with MJF serving as guest referee, presumably on an upcoming AEW Dynamite, though no date was announced. In an added twist, if Wardlow loses at Double or Nothing, he can never sign an AEW contract.
Wardlow agreed to the stipulations, signed the contract, then attacked the security in the ring. Before he could deliver a powerbomb to MJF, Mark Sterling jumped on Wardlow, allowing MJF to escape.
Five matches are now set for the Double or Nothing pay-per-view. Here is the announced lineup to this point:
AEW Double or Nothing, Sunday, May 29 --
- AEW World Championship: Hangman Page (c) vs. CM Punk
- AEW Women's World Championship: Thunder Rosa (c) vs. Serena Deeb
- Owen Hart Foundation Men's Tournament finals
- Owen Hart Foundation Women's Tournament finals
- MJF vs. Wardlow *If Wardlow loses, he can never sign an AEW contract*