As part of his first appearance for AEW, Paul Wight announced on Dynamite that a new signing will take place at Sunday's AEW Revolution pay-per-view: one that would be "Hall of Fame worthy".
In an interview with Tony Schiavone, Wight talked about teaming with Schiavone on commentary for the new AEW Dark: Elevation show. He then said that he had a “big scoop” that Sunday, the company would sign a “a Hall of Fame worthy talent that is a huge surprise and a huge asset” for AEW.
Later in the show, it was clarified that Wight would be at Revolution to talk about the signing.
Here is the current card for AEW Revolution, which airs this Sunday:
- World Champion Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley in an Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch
- Women's Champion Hikaru Shida vs. Ryo Mizunami
- Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks vs. MJF & Chris Jericho
- Hangman Page vs. Matt Hardy for the loser’s Q1 2021 earnings
- Team Taz (Brian Cage & Ricky Starks) vs. Sting & Darby Allin in a street fight
- Casino Tag Team Royale for a future Tag Team title shot
- Miro & Kip Sabian vs. Orange Cassidy & Chuck Taylor
- Pre-Show: Britt Baker and Reba vs. Thunder Rosa and Riho