The Latest News
- Miz TV with Shane McMahon set for WWE SmackDown
- WWE Raw ratings up a bit despite going against Rams-Chiefs game
- Edge & Christian show returning to WWE Network next week
- Braun Strowman dealing with legitimate elbow injury
- WWE Raw video highlights: Ronda Rousey defends her title
- Daniel Bryan, Thanksgiving Feast Fight set for WWE SmackDown
- Ronda Rousey vs. Nia Jax title match confirmed for WWE TLC
- Strowman vs. Corbin announced for WWE TLC, stipulations set
The Latest Audio
- WOL: RAW Monday, TLC, Ronda fallout, tons more! 11/20
- WOR: RAW, Survivor Series fallout, tons more! 11/20
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Looking at the WWE-EVOLVE relationship
The evolution of WWE's relationships with promotions they're friendly with continued to take shape this past weekend. Five WWE-contracted wrestlers were in action for EVOLVE last Friday and Saturday: The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford), Fabian Aichner, Kassius Ohno, and Mustafa Ali. Killian Dain made a surprise appearance for ICW in Glasgow, Scotland on Sunday, defeating Mikey Whiplash after it had been advertised that Whiplash would be facing a wrestler from WWE.
One week ago, the Survivor Series was to be headlined by Brock Lesnar vs. A.J. Styles and Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch in battles of the Raw and Smackdown brand champions.
But just days before the show, two unrelated incidents saw both main events that were heavily-looked forward to change.
And in doing so, one of the key matches at WrestleMania, possibly the main event, was also established.
Right now the plan is for Ronda Rousey vs. Becky Lynch to headline WrestleMania. After the injury to Lynch on 11/12, a fractured nose and a concussion from a punch by Nia Jax during an in-ring Raw vs. Smackdown women’s brawl, she was out of the match that, due to the promos on both sides, was the most looked-forward to match on the show.
The next day, both Vince McMahon and Rousey decided that the best course of action was to do the match at WrestleMania. Rousey and Lynch immediately went at it hard on social media, even though Rousey’s new opponent on the PPV is Charlotte Flair.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- PWInsider reported that WWE is interested in signing ACH and that it appears he’ll be joining the Performance Center in January if everything goes well.
- The Staples Center donated $10,000 to Children’s Health Dallas on behalf of Roman Reigns.
- Kalisto appeared on today’s episode of the Steve Austin Show.
- Kurt Angle celebrated 20 years in professional wrestling yesterday.
- John Cena will appear on the Graham Norton show this Friday on BBC One to promote his upcoming movie with Jackie Chan.
- There was a scary incident last night at a PALL event outside Mexico City. It was a match between Angel o Demonio and Cuervo, from Puerto Rico. There was a spot in the match where after Cuervo hit Demonio with multiple chairshots, Demonio went to the back, grabbed a cinder block and threw it right in the back of Cuervo’s head. Cuervo went unconscious and the match was stopped. Last word is that Cuervo will be undergoing surgery to remove a blood clot.
- Angel o Demonio has since been suspended from wrestling in Mexico State.
- The Mid-South Coliseum, home to Memphis wrestling for decades, has been saved after over a decade of being in limbo. A new tourism development zone plan that was passed yesterday by the state will pave the way to restore and renovate the building, which was closed down in 2006.
- A new documentary on the life of Owen Hart, simply called Owen, is being worked on by Curate Films. It will be done in cooperation with Martha Hart and the Owen Hart Foundation.
- PAC (Neville) will face “Speedball” Mike Bailey at Revolution Pro Wrestling’s show at the Portsmouth Guildhall this Thursday.
- Lucha Brothers vs. The Hart Foundation will headline MLW’s Never Say Never event on December 13. It will be a TV taping.
- ROH is asking for Final Battle attendees to bring in an unwrapped toy to donate for Toys For Tots.
- Ahead of their show this coming weekend in Beijing, UFC announced yesterday that they will be opening a giant 93,000 square foot facility in Shanghai similar to their performance center in Las Vegas. Dana White told ESPN in an interview that the goal of the facility is not only to find and recruit Chinese and other Asian athletes, but also find a future world champion.
- The Honolulu Police Department has launched a second degree assault investigation following an incident involving Rachael Ostovich that left her hospitalized with what is being reported as a broken orbital bone. MMA Fighting is reporting that the male suspect is allegedly her husband Arnold Berdon, also a MMA fighter. Ostovich was scheduled to face Paige VanZant on January 19 on the first UFC ESPN+ card, but she is now out of that fight. Ostovich has also filed a restraining order against Berdon.
- UFC on FS1 this past Saturday scored 630,000 viewers, finishing 14th for the night.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: CM Punk wins WWE title at Survivor Series 2011
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!