We're looking for reports from tonight's NXT show in Memphis at Dave Meltzer
For anyone thinking of going to WrestleMania in Dallas, there are still a few spots open for the web site's Friday night dinner before the NXT and ROH shows at Texas de Brazil in Dallas, and for the bus to WrestleMania on Sunday. Anyone interested, please contact Ed Loredo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Smackdown at 8 p.m. tonight is from Memphis
Roman Reigns vs. Rusev
Kalisto vs. Kevin Owens non-title
Ryback vs. Erick Rowan
A.J. Styles vs. The Miz
The Social Outcasts vs. The New Day
Charlotte vs Alicia Fox non-title
Roman Reigns & Dean Ambrose vs. Rusev & Alberto Del Rio
WWE has a full schedule for events this weekend. We'll be looking for reports on Friday from the WWE house show in Calgary (Kane vs. Bray Wyatt plus Wyatt Family, Dean Ambrose, Chris Jericho, Dudleys, Paige and Natalya) and NXT shows in Nashville and Lakeland, FL.
NEW JAPAN WORLD PRO WRESTLING AT 9 P.M. FRIDAY NIGHT ON AXS TV
CMLL LIVE FROM ARENA MEXICO ON FRIDAY NIGHT AT 9:30 P.M. EASTERN AT www.ClaroSports.com
LEGACY FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIPS ON FRIDAY NIGHT IN HINCKLEY, MINN. ON AXS TV AT 10 P.M. EASTERN
R'Mandell Cameron vs. Derek Getzel
Kuchlong Kuchlong vs Nate Richardson
Chase Waldon vs. Justin Winkels-Comparetto
Antonio Trocoli vs. Jacob Volkmann
Brock Larson vs. Travis Coyle
Ricardo Lucas Ramos vs. Manuel Vazquez for the vacant bantamweight title
Saturday has WWE shows in San Jose (Roman Reigns vs. Rusev, Brock Lesnar vs. Alberto Del Rio plus A.J. Styles, New Day, Usos and Big Show), Penticiton, BC (Kane vs. Bray Wyatt plus Wyatt Family, Dean Ambrose, Chris Jericho, Dudleys, Paige and Natalya) and NXT shows in Indianapolis and Bartow, FL. ROH will be doing a major TV taping in Nashville at the Municipal Auditorium on Saturday night featuring the semifinals and finals of the Top Prospect tournament, a seven team gauntlet for a future tag team title shot with Young Bucks, Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly, Trent Baretta & Rocky Romero and four other teams, Briscoes vs. ACH & Alex Shelley, Dalton Castle vs Christopher Daniels, Adam Cole vs. Matt Sydal plus Jay Lethal, Roderick Strong, War Machine, Frankie Kazarian, Cedric Alexander, Moose, B.J. Whitmer, Adam Page, Caprice Coleman, Will Ferrera, Cheeseburger, ODB Amber Gallows, Mandy Leon, Veda Scott, Taeler Hendrix, Kelly Klein, Hania the Huntress and Sumie Sakai.
UFC ON SATURDAY NIGHT ON FS 1 FROM THE MGM GARDEN ARENA IN LAS VEGAS
Fight Pass at 7 p.m. Eastern
Arten Lobov vs. Alex White
Mike Jackson vs. Mickey Gall - winner to face C.M. Punk in June
FS 1 at 8 p.m.
Noad Lahat vs. Diego Rivas
Ray Borg vs. Justin Scoggins
Damian Grabowski vs. Derrick Lewis
K.J. Noons vs. Josh Burkman
Mike Pyle vs. Sean Spencer
Misha Cirkunov vs. Alex Nicholson
Joseph Benavidez vs. Zach Makovsky
Rafael Feijao Cavalcante vs. Ovince Saint Preux
Jared Rosholt vs. Roy Nelson
Johny Hendricks vs. Stephen Thompson
WWE has only one show on Sunday, from Abbotsford, BC (Roman Reigns vs. Rusev).
Raw will be Monday in Seattle. Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman are scheduled on the show.
Smackdown and Main Event will be taped on Tuesday in Portland, OR. Chris Jericho vs. A.J. Styles is on the show.
If you've ever wanted to WATCH our radio shows here on the site, check out our new Youtube page! No full video shows, but lots of video clips, full free audio shows that you can tell your friends about, and much more to come! Make sure you subscribe today!
Figure Four Weekly
Figure Four Weekly 1/18/2016: Gawker's motion to dismiss Hulk Hogan lawsuit denied
Gawker's motion to dismiss the Hulk Hogan sex tape lawsuit is denied, plus news and notes
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The Latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 8, 2016 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Bret Hart diagnosed with cancer, Nakamura's final NJPW match
The new double issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter looks at Bret Hart's battle with cancer, his discussions about it, and updates on the situation. The most detailed coverage of the last month of Lucha Underground's second season, backstage news, season three, lots of business notes. Full coverage of all the Ultima Lucha 2 matches and direction. Nakamura's final day with NJPW, where Nakamura and New Japan go now, his background and building the IC title, the next two New Japan PPV shows to this weekend's biggest event.
Fast Lane and WrestleMania, what's up with Undertaker, WWE injury updates, the next WWE Network special, Licensing issue with new WWE signees, notes on the next NXT Takeover show, a look at all the TV building the next Takeover show, who led to a huge increase in demand for WWE tickets, next WWE show in Madison Square Garden update, Nakamura updates, WWE performer wants to compete in the Olympics and what former pro wrestler went back to the Olympics to medal, Lesnar's schedule, Tough Enough winner starts out, Other Tough Enough competitors start out, change in Rumble plans, New WWE Network series based on wrestling matches, new WWE movie, WWE's tour of Germany this coming week, more on The Rock's segment on Raw.
A detailed look at the Awesome Kong-Reby Hardy situation in Manchester, England. Benson Henderson's decision to leave UFC for Bellator and take a championship fight, why he made the decision, what both Dana White and Henderson said. We look at Pro Wrestling NOAH's last major event and where it's storylines are going.
A huge look at the life and career of Archie "The Stomper" Gouldie, one of the most memorable wrestling characters of his generation, stories about him, his gimmick, how big a star he was in his heyday, his incredibly long career title history, how he was two very different successful characters, and his most famous angles and biggest bouts. We also have a lot of comments from people who knew him, including how he changed the life and career of J.J. Dillon. The life and career of the original Espectrito, the best heel mini of his generation including when he main evented the Los Angeles Sports Arena, a rarity for a mini.
We also look at Saturday's UFC , what's next for the winners, thoughts on Sage Northcutt, as well as business notes on the show and match-by-match coverage.
You can also order the print Observer right now and get it delivered to your door via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer
You can also order print issues at www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com
For the United States, it is $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can get one free classic issue of your choice sent to you today. With a 40 issue subscription, you can get two free classic issues sent to you today.
Click here for the most requested Wrestling Observer back issues.
Check out the latest Online Wrestling Observer BACK ISSUE - February 15, 1988 Wrestling Observer Newsletter: A Tale of Two Hebners: All the details on Hulk Hogan losing the WWF title to Andre the Giant in a historic angle, plus tons of news and notes.
We just got the word that Brian Knighton, who wrestled as Axl Rotten, best known as one of the major stars of ECW, passed away today at the age of 44.
Kenath Deawyne Peal, better known as Ken Wayne of The Galaxians and Nightmares tag team in the 80s, pleaded guilty to one count of child exploitation charges yesterday and was sentenced to 20 years in prison. He will serve five years behind bars with the remaining 15 years on post-release supervision. He will also be forced to pay $1,000 to the Mississippi Children's Trust fund, $1,000 to the Mississippi Crime Victim's Compensation fund and register as a sex offender. Investigators found numerous photos and video of child pornography in his possession.
A.J. Styles will make his WWE house show debut on Saturday night in San Jose, on the same show as a rare Brock Lesnar house show appearance. He starts full-time on the road next weekend. Bill Behrens, Styles' agent, officially sent out word that Styles is taking no more independent bookings after having signed with WWE and thanked all the promoters who used him over the past two years.
Davey Richards had his knee examined, he suffured an injury on Sunday in Birmingham, England. There are no details other than the injury was worse than was hoped and he will be out of action for a while. With Davey Richards injured, NSPW champion Marko Estrada will face Chris Hero on Saturday in Quebec City at the Horizon Centre. Franky the Mobster and Dru Onyx are also on the show.
Will Ospreay debuts for Evolve on 4/1 and 4/2 in Dallas over WrestleMania weekend.
- Pat Patterson's autobiography, called "Pat Patterson: Accepted, How the First Gay Superstar Changed WWE will be released in August by ECW Press. Bertand Hebert, who did the great Montreal history book, will be the ghost-writer.
- There is a Smackdown ticket pre-sale going on right now for the 4/5 show in Houston, which is the Smackdown right after WrestleMania at the Toyota Center in Houston. It ends at 10 p.m. tonight.
- Cesaro is advertised for appearances at next week's shows in Germany.
- WWE announced the payment of its next 12 cent per share dividend will be on 3/25. WWE's next earnings call will be on Thursday.
- WWE stock was up 38 cents per share today to close at $17.01.
- Ric Flair at the University of Michigan for recruitment day talking about when he nearly played for Michigan 47 years ago
- A story on Apollo Crews
- Very interesting story on C.M. Punk and his MMA training
- Alex Oliveira (14-2-1) was announced as the replacement for Tim Means in the main event of the 2/21 show in Pittsburgh in the battle of the Cowboys against Donald Cerrone. Oliveira replaces Tim Means, who was pulled off the show yesterday due to a potential drug test violation.
- Means in a tweet, stated "Never even heard of Ostarine. Look at my physic (sic). Do I look like a steroid user. LOL." Ostarine is a SARM, not a steroid, but a banned PED.
- Rose Namajunas vs. Tecia Torres has been added to the 4/16 FOX UFC event.
- UFC also announced these new fights for 4/10 in Zagreb, Croatia
Timothy Johnson vs. Marcin Tybura - heavyweights
Mairbek Taisumov vs. Damir Hadzovic - lightweights
Bojan Velickovic vs. Alessio DiChirico - welterweights
Tybura, Hadzovic, Vlickovic and DiChirico are all making their UFC debuts.
- Dana White said that he blew it by allowing Sage Northcutt to fight on Saturday night. "The kid really wanted to fight and I let him fight and he was sick as hell. I blew it." said White. "I blew that one so bad."
- Fubo TV, a sports subscription service which concentrates on soccer coverage, an MVPD which provides a premium bundle of sports and entertainment channels is offering 15 new networks including El Rey, meaning Lucha Underground is available for those who don't have it available at this point. It streams at www.fubo.tv
- Lex Luger has been announced as the recipient of the 2016 Frank Gotch Award at the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum inductions on 7/21 to 7/23 in Waterloo, IA. Luger joins myself, Chael Sonnen, J.J. Dillon and Joe Blanchard in being honored that weekend.
- Tammy Stych has released an autobiography that came out today called "A Star Shattered: The Rise and Fall of Wrestling Diva Tammy Sunny Sytch" through Riverdale Avenue Books.
- Chris Bell, whose brothers were pro wrestlers and is best known for the movie "Bigger, Stronger, Faster" has a movie out now called "Prescription Thugs," about how pharmaceutical companies and those show have economic ties to the industry are not looking at anyone's long-term health, but looking at getting us hooked on their products.
- A story on Jim Duggan performing at comedy clubs
- Bill Behrens announced bookings for Nick Aldis (TNA Magnus) at SHOWBIS@aol.com, based in Richmond, VA. He also noted that Christopher Daniels, Jay Lethal, and The Young Bucks are no longer available for U.S. or Toronto area bookings but are available in Europe, Mexico and Japan. Others available are Frankie Kazarian, (Los Angeles), Moose (Atlanta), Matt Sydal (Tampa), DDP (Atlanta), Al Snow (Louisville), Scott Hall (Atlanta), Kevin Nash (Daytona Beach), Sean Waltman (Philadelphia) and Tommy Dreamer (New York)
- Jamie Yager vs. Greg Parker and Ozzie Alvarez vs. Andrew Ramm have been added to the TV portion of the 2/20 World Series of Fighting show in Garden Grove, CA. The show is headlined by Marlon Moraes (15-4-1) putting his bantamweight title up against Joseph Barajas (12-1) and Timur Valiev (10-1) vs. Chris Gutierrez (8-1-1).
- WWN will be doing a seminar and tryout on 3/21 on Long Island and 3/31 in Dallas. This will give wrestlers tools needed to promote themselves, including professionally shot HD footage.
- FIP tomorrow night in Ybor City, FL at the Orpheum has a live iPPV at www.wwnlive.com headlined by a death match with Devin & Mason Cutter vs. Reed Bentley & John Wayne Murodch.
- In a correction from the Monday update, we listed that on a show in Dyresburg, TN, that Greg Anthony retained the NWA National title over John Saxon, Actually Anthony won the title from Saxon in that match.
- Gold Rush Wrestling from Saturday night in Pacifica, CA: Sir Samurai & Corey Kreese b Manny Mars & Ethan White, Will Roberts b Matt Carlos, Synn & Kikyo Nakamura b Dalton Frost & Cowboy Charlie, Virgil Flynn III & Mike Matthews won four-way over Levi Shapiro & Buddy Royal, Johnny Dynamo & Ski Sol and Skye Brothers, Sparky Ballard b Rik Luxury, JR Kratos & Mr. Prime Time b Boyce LeGrande & Marquise Jackson, Boyce LeGrande won Band Slam Cup Battle Royal
- Scott Teal announced a new autobiography of former Mid Atlantic wrestler Mark Fleming, a protege of Lou Thesz
- National Pro Wrestling Day takes place on Saturday at 2 p.m. in Reading, PA for a free show headlined by Mickie James vs. Kimber Lee.
- Cam Newton had a Panthers-style silver Santo mask on Monday night doing media in the Bay Area.
- Pro Wrestling Tees now has Pro Wrestling NOAH shirts for sale.
- Al Snow headlines for River City Wrestling tomorrow night at Sideliners Grill in San Antonio, facing Paul Titan in the main event.
- 2/26 in Tijuana at the Auditorio has Alebrije (Kraneo in CMLL) & Charly Manson (Sharlie Rockstar in LLE) & Rey Misterio III vs. Psicosis (the original) & Pakal & Rey Escorpion. The original Octagoncito and Piratita Morgan are in a minis match.
- Atlantis, Ultimo Guerrero, Virus and Cavernario headline a 2/20 show in Dallas.
- Fenix, Drago and Pentagon Jr are working a Mucha Lucha show on 3/13 in Atlanta.
- CMLL on Monday night in Puebla: Asturiano & Black Tiger b Ares & Espiritu Maligno, Rey Apocalipsis & Toro Bill Jr. b Magnus & Metatron, Blue Panther Jr. & Delta & Stigma b Pierroth & Sagrado & Bobby Z, Ephesto & Luciferno & Mephisto b Angel de Oro & Titan & Triton, Rush b Thunder-DQ, Negro Casas & Rey Bucanero & Ultimo Guerrero b Dragon Lee & Mascara Dorada & Volador Jr. (thanks to Kris Zellner)
- Chaotic Wrestling tomorrow night in Lawrence, MA at the Elks Lodge #65. Tommy Dreamer & Team Friendship face Chase Del Monte & The Logan Brothers in the main event. Hanson from ROH faces Jesse Sorensen on the show.
- I was told there is an excellent Masato Tanaka vs. Nanae Takahashi match at the women's SeaadLinning show on 1/11.
- A story on Frankie Kazarian combining wrestling and performing in a rock band
ON THIS DAY IN WORLD PRO WRESTLING HISTORY: Daily pro wrestling history (02/04): Lawler and Jarrett win USWA Tag Team Titles