- WWE Main Event results: O’Neil vs. Erik, Carrillo vs. Dorado
- Naito challenges Ibushi for first night of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15
- Bunkhouse match, Red Velvet vs. Tay Conti set for AEW Dynamite
- AEW announces Revolution PPV for February
- MJF and Wardlow earn Inner Circle spots after AEW Full Gear win
- Young Bucks win Tag Team Titles at AEW Full Gear
- Darby Allin wins TNT Championship at AEW Full Gear
- Kenny Omega wins title eliminator tournament at AEW Full Gear
- DragonKing Dark: Grand Canyon tales of the missing & murdered 11/8
- WOR: AEW Full Gear, New Japan, Tokyo Dome, ratings, more! 11/8
- Speak Now: AEW Full Gear recap 11/7
We take a look at the life and wrestling career of Tracy Smothers with a major feature as the lead story in this week's issue of the Wrestling Observer.
We look at those he helped teach, his last two decades on the independent scene, his battle with cancer, with comments from his friends and many of today's major stars. We look at the unique first time he was in the ring, wrestling bears, playing sports growing up, the famous first TV taping he worked against five Hall of Famers in one night. We look at his runs in different territories, his first major title, the birth of the Southern Boys tag team, the best match of 1990 in U.S. wrestling, why the Southern Boys name was dropped, Smoky Mountain Wrestling, ECW, Freddie Joe Floyd, The Thugs and much more.
Also in this issue:
Kylie Rae stepping away from pro wrestling and some of the lessons this should teach us.
Preview AEW's Full Gear show as well as WWE's Survivor Series, looking at the matches, the booking, selling tickets and what can be expected.
The WWE Twitch situation, a WWE meeting with employees, what is banned at the Thunderdome, A&E specials, where wrestling stands in sports ratings, WWE ratings outside the U.S., college star talks WWE, next week's TV, most-watched shows on the WWE Network and current WWE market value.
Preview both New Japan tournaments coming up. We look at how much the junior talent in New Japan has dropped over the last year and why.
The last fight of Anderson Silva in UFC and his career, as well as full coverage of Saturday's UFC show.
Gate of Destiny, one of Dragon Gate's signature events of the year, the angles, who is getting promoted, the future of the company as well as match-by-match coverage.
DDT's Ultimate Party.
Ratings breakdowns in every segment for Wednesdays and every category for other shows, looking at stats not available elsewhere to get the deepest read into how shows are doing, what categories are doing well and how shows compare with previous weeks and one year ago.
Results of all the major pro wrestling events around the world over the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to firstname.lastname@example.org or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to email@example.com.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
- WWE issued a statement on the passing of “Jeopardy!” host Alex Trebek, who passed away today at the age of 80 from pancreatic cancer. Trebek appeared at WrestleMania VII, serving as a backstage interviewer, and was the guest ring announcer for the main event match between Hulk Hogan and Sgt. Slaughter.
- Paige and her boyfriend, Ronnie Radke, had an experience with a stalker earlier today. “Scariest thing ever,” she wrote on Twitter. “He told us symbols led him to us. But Ronnie got him in a hold until police got there. Wtf is wrong with people... thank god Ronnie is around to protect our house. Jesus.”
- The company filed to trademark (via HeelbyNature) six WCW names on November 2: Slamboree, The Match Beyond, Bunkhouse Stampede, BattleBowl, SuperBrawl, and Bash at the Beach.
- The Undertaker vs. The Great Khali in a no holds barred match from the November 9, 2007 episode of Raw and Roman Reigns vs. Sheamus from the February 12, 2018 episode of Raw are today's free WWE YouTube uploads.
- Alberto El Patron told TMZ he was considering legal action against Paige after she accused Patron of being physically abusive. In an interview with the Grown Ass Women podcast, Paige described the cycle of abuse. "It's like it's up to 6, 7 hours a day you're literally trapped in a certain room and getting your ass beat every couple of minutes, you know what I mean?" she was quoted as saying. Patron responded, telling TMZ . "It was the other way around. I have the evidence. Not just words. I would say Raya, why? Why? Why are you doing this Raya? And, I'm not calling you Paige because you were never Paige to me, you were Raya."
- MLW announced that MLW Fusion will air on Wednesday nights starting on November 18 at 7 p.m. ET on their YouTube channel.
- During last night’s NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 15 press conference, NJPW Chairman Naoki Sugabayashi said that since July 11, NJPW had staged 54 live events and have had zero COVID-19 cases, with a combined overall crowd of 72,706.
- Drag queen Washington Heights spoke to Wrestling Inc. on having New Jack as a father.
- WrestlingInc also spoke to Lio Rush, who talked about his relationships with Vince McMahon and Triple H.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Nick Bockwinkel wins his first AWA World title
- Poll opinions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Feedback: email@example.com
- Show results and news tips: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: email@example.com
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today