THE LATEST NEWS
- ROH TV taping spoilers: Death Before Dishonor fallout, NWA title match
- Tenille Dashwood to undergo surgery for shoulder injury
- NXT Fort Pierce, FL, live results: Mia Yim debuts
- Punishment Martinez finishes up with ROH, headed to WWE
- Title change at tonight's ROH TV tapings
- Bellator 206 live results: Rory vs. Mousasi, Rampage vs. Wanderlei 4
THE LATEST AUDIO
- WOL: New Japan tonight, NJPW World issues, ROH PPV, tons more! 9/30
- WOR: Bellator 205, HBO boxing, All In 2 tease, more! 9/30
- JNPO: We gotta talk about Conor, part 1 9/29
- WOR: Changing TV landscape, Jon Jones, Bellator, ROH PPV, more! 9/29
We're looking for reports on today's Progress show from London, today's Raw show from Abbotsford, BC and the AAW Jim Lyman tournament from Chicago this past weekend to email@example.com.
We're doing three polls this weekend:
- Friday's ROH show from Las Vegas on PPV
- Saturday's Bellator show on DAZN from San Jose
- Today's NJPW show in Long Beach on NJPW World
You can send in thumbs up, thumbs down or thumbs in the middle along with a best and worst match from each show to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW JAPAN FIGHTING SPIRIT UNLEASHED FROM THE WALTER PYRAMID IN LONG BEACH ON SUNDAY AT 8 P.M. EASTERN ON NEW JAPAN WORLD
- ACH & Ryusuke Taguchi & Jushin Liger vs. Sho & Yoh & Rocky Romero
- Christopher Daniels & Frankie Kazarian vs. Chase Owens & Hangman Page
- Jeff Cobb & Chris Sabin & Flip Gordon vs. Hirooki Goto & Baretta & Chuckie T
- Tetsuya Naito & Evil & Seiya Sanada vs. Zack Sabre Jr. & Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kushida vs. Jay White & Gedo
- Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll in the semifinals of the IWGP jr. title tournament
- Young Bucks vs. Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa for IWGP tag titles
- Juice Robinson vs. Cody for U.S. title
- Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi vs. Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii
Raw is Monday in Seattle with both Shawn Michaels and Undertaker appearing, plus Ronda Rousey vs. Ruby Riott and Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens. There will be a Smackdown brand house show in Kennewick, WA on Monday night.
Tuesday has Smackdown, Mixed Match Challenge and 205 Live all from Portland, OR and the Moda Center. Announced are Rusev & Lana vs. Jimmy Uso & Naomi, Finn Balor & Bayley vs. Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox, Akira Tozawa vs. Jack Gallagher and Kalisto vs. TJP.
When WWE returns to Saudi Arabia on November 2, they'll be doing so just five days after their Evolution pay-per-view. People are always going to link WWE's 10-year deal with Saudi Arabia with how it contradicts the company's "women's evolution" messaging, but Evolution and Crown Jewel taking place on the same week makes them feel even more connected.
The names on the 2018 Hall of Fame ballot and thoughts on who are favorite, who may get eliminated after this year, newcomers to the ballot and more is one of the lead stories in the new issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
Look at the New Japan Long Beach show, as well as early thoughts on King of Pro Wrestling and Wrestle Kingdom and the Tanahashi vs. Okada match, the Gedo turn on Okada and post-show angle with full coverage of Destruction in Kobe.
Read about the Liv Morgan injury, what went wrong to lead to the injury and what went wrong after the injury.
Also look at the WWE stock and if it's ventured past logical boundaries, WWE profits so far this year and comparing to other entertainment companies, more on the lawsuit against WWE, Shawn Michaels wrestling again, Sasha Banks update, next MSG show, and a Big Show update.
There are also notes on the NXT tapings as well as from all the WWE & NXT arena events from the past week with results, business notes and other reactions.
Look at UFC fighter Abdul Razak Alhassan, who is being charged with two counts of sexual assault and the details behind the charges.
Read full coverage of UFC's show this past weekend in Sao Paulo, Brazil, business notes, retirements and a major record set.
This issue has coverage of one of Dragon Gate's biggest shows of the year and the changes in the company.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to email@example.com. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
SUNDAY NEWS UPDATE
Bryan and I will be back tonight covering the NJPW show and covering the latest news. You can also send e-mail questions to the show to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bellator was the 8th most searched term on the Internet in the U.S. yesterday with 100,000 searches. No wrestling or MMA promotion except WWE or UFC ever hits 100,000, or cracks the top ten, even All In or New Japan. Last night's show was also the second biggest gate in the history of the promotion. I've got a bunch of audio and videos covering as Garrett Gonzalez and I did a show. I also did another wrap up with Marc Raimondi and Ilima-lei MacFarlane, the Bellator flyweight champion. We also have audio up with Scott Coker and Aaron Pico.
One would expect angles to be shot tonight at the Long Beach show for next Monday's King of Pro Wrestling show. Monday's show is New Japan's biggest card during the period after G-1 and before the Tokyo Dome, and basically nothing has been announced so a lot will be laid out tonight.
Rizin ran earlier today at the Saitama Super Arena and drew a crowd reported as more than 27,000 fans, the biggest in its history. The show was built around the idea of the modern Kid Yamamoto vs. Masato kickboxing fight with Tenshin Nakusawa beating Kyoji Horiguchi via decision under kickboxing rules in a fight that apparently really delivered. The show also featured the return to Japanese fighting of Mirko Cro Cop and Bob Sapp, and saw Miyu Yamamoto, the older sister of Kid Yamamoto, get a win right after the death of her brother in what I was told was an unbelievable scene. The only thing I've seen so far is round three of the Sapp fight, and that was unbelievable as well. It was every bit Kimbo vs. Dada level, but in Japan, the people gave them a standing ovation.
- A Jim Ross NFL video.
- A story on the heyday of the Olympic Auditorium as a Mecca for boxing, wrestling and Roller Games.
- Live Pro Wrestling on 11/3 in Renfrew, ONT at the RCAF Association.
- Superkick'd Zombie Wrestling on 10/19 in Ottawa at the EY Center, which is not named after Eric Young.
- Alpha 1 Wrestling on 10/21 in Hamilton, ONT at the Knights of Columbus with PCO vs. Rickey Shane Page vs. Kobe Durst as the main event.
- Legacy Fighting on AXS on 11/9 in Phoenix at the Comercia Theater on AXS TV features Maikel Perez (7-1) vs. Casey Kenny (9-1-1) for the flyweight title and Kyle Stewart (10-1) vs. Braden Smith (8-2).
- Iron Fist Pro from Friday night in Adelaide, Australia before 100 fans: Robby Heart won four-way over Nick Golfis, Tyler Trench and Rat Daddy, Dean Valente b Ricky South, Indi Hartwell b Joanie May, Tommy Knight b Gino Gambino, AJ Istrai b Adam Books, Paris de Silva & Jude London b Link Barnett & Mike Boomer, Hideki Suzuki b Jonah Rock. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- Here's video of Suzuki vs. Rock.
- A Vice feature on Tessa Blanchard.
- Blanchard works 11/24 in Sydney, Australia for the FWA promotion.
- Fight Club Pro, Trent Seven's promotion, ran yesterday in Wolverhampton with Cima & T-Hawk beating Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz, Chuck Mambo won an eight-way, Bandido b Flamita in the best match at ****, Millie McKenzie b Jinny and a multiple person match where at one point Meiko Satomura battled Walter.
- A show called "New Dog, Old Tricks," which features former TNA star Jessie Godderz and David Otunga of WWE debuted on Friday on Amazon.
- Orlando Jordan, who lives in Australia now, faces Adam Brooks in the main event for the 10/28 ACW show in Adelaide.
- Pro Wrestling Eve from London yesterday: Kris Wolf b Jinny, Kasey b Bea Priestley, Jordynne Grace won four-way over Killer Kelly, Kay Lee Ray and Charlie Morgan, Laura DiMatteo b Nina Samuels, Sammii Jayne b Toni Storm, Chihiro Hashimoto b Viper. Storm vs. Jayne said to be great. Kelly was bleeding from the nose and held a tissue to it and kept wrestling. Grace with a bad ankle was the star of the match. (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
- Another Eve show from yesterday: Kay Lee Ray b Laura DiMatteo, Jetta b Nina Samuels, Viper b Bea Priestley, Chihiro Hashimoto b Alpha Female, Kris Wolf b Zoe Lucas, Jordynne Grace b Sierra Loxton, Charlie Morgan retained the Eve tile in a four-way over Sammii Jayne, Kasey and Rhia O'Reilly. (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
- Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling from last night in Swansea, IL: PT Beckham b Waco, Keith Smith b Moondog Rover-DQ, Billy McNeil b Trystan Brady, Shadeux, Ricky Cruz & Keith Smith Jr. b Shawn Santel & Mauler McDarby, Gary Jackson b Jake Prater, Bobby D b Big Texan, Christopher Hargas & Steve Fender b Ken Kasa & Sean Vincent, Flash Flanagan b Kowalski in a no DQ match, Steve Fender won Battle Royal. (thanks to Patrick Brandmeyer)
- Ryback debuted last night at the first CWL TV tapings in the Detroit area. Ryback will face Alex Reynolds in an upcoming show to determine the group's first champion.
- Stardom from today in Nagoya: Starlight Kid & Hanan b Kaori Yoneyama & Leo Onozaki, Rachael Ellering & Kelly Klein b Tam Nakano & Shiki Shibusawa, Natsu Sumire & Hazuki b AZM & Konami, Momo Watanabe & Utami Hayashishita b Kimber Lee & Jamie Hayter, Kagetsu b Nicole Savoy, Jungle Kyona & Natsuko Tora b Mayu Iwatani & Saki Kashima to win the tag titles. (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
- Bodyslam Pro Wrestling from last night in Aarhus, Denmark: Rick Dominick b Erik Sabel, Yuri Kosinski b Rayo Blanco, Emeritus b Ashley Dunn, Tank & Burnet b Swedish Elite, Michael Fynne b Fred Yehi to keep title. (thanks to Kristian Buss Nielsen)
- Honey Boo Boo got involved in a match with James Storm vs. Robbie E at the Georgia State Fair on Saturday. TMZ ran a story on this.
- Among those at the New York Comic Con this coming weekend at the Jacob Javits Center in New York are Sting, Jerry Lawler,Trish Stratus, Lita, Christian, Tinieblas Jr., Sasha Banks, Bayley, Finn Balor, Sami Zayn, C.M. Punk and Charles "Godfather" Wright.
- Lita did a surprise appearance as a referee on last night's MCW show in Joppa, MD.
Daily Professional Wrestling History: Kane wins WWE Intercontinental title
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!d