- Tag match, Bayley-Rollins segment set for WWE SmackDown
- Aleister Black believed to be AEW-bound, WWE may offer new deal
- WWE hoping for Rock appearance at Brooklyn-hosted Survivor Series
- EC3 vs. Flip Gordon added to ROH Best in the World
- WOL: Wrestling tonight, Rock and WWE, Rocky Romero joins us and more!
- Wrestling Weekly: WWE/AEW roster adds & cuts, HHH on wrestling fans
- B&V: WWE NXT plus Okada vs. Shingo for the IWGP World Title!
- Mat Men Podcast: WWE all in for SummerSlam in Las Vegas
JOB LISTING: Web/UI Developer(s)
- Experience with OnLamp (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP)
- GITHUB and Linux command line experience while be helpful as well.
- CMS - Drupal and Wordpress. vBulletin
- Possible experience with AWS (s3 specifically), Dreamhost, UI development
- Cloud based hosting experience a plus
While this is a diverse request this doesn't have to be just one person! If you fit any part of this please feel free to inquire.
This is not just for projects related to F4WOnline.
- Send all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org with title WEB DEVELOPER.
- If you have inquired before, please send your information again.
Latest Free YouTube Video:
Updated coverage on SummerSlam and early word on Survivor Series is the lead story on this week's issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
We look at the location, the time of the show and why they are limited in time, the new stadium, talk about top matches plus more on Dwayne Johnson and WrestleMania, Survivor Series and a plan for an August Takeover.
Also in this issue:
Dominion, the Shingo Takagi title win, with match-by-match coverage, star ratings, poll results, business notes and booking direction.
Plans for a WWE draft, a WWE TV show on verge of being canceled, Bret Hart documentary, Stephanie McMahon talks WWE business, WWE ticket sales, Miz talks injury, UK & Canada viewing numbers, WWE looks a changes in how it does house hows, WWE autograph new rules, most watched WWE videos of the past week and WWE market value.
The next two WWE major events with lineups, notes about the Takeover crowd, matches announced and not yet announced for Hell in a Cell and more.
Full coverage of this past Saturday's UFC show.
Cyber Fight show combining NOAH, DDT, Ganbare Pro and Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestling. We look at Keiji Muto's title loss, why he got the title in the first place, why Marufuji wasn't the guy who should have won, plus match-by-match coverage with star ratings.
The death of controversial wrestler Angel o Demonio.
More into detail on the ratings than any other source, how many different viewers the shows had which is very different from the television number, breakdown of who watches the shows, how they watch, DVR numbers and how long the average fan watches.
Results of the major pro wrestling events of the past week.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
FRIDAY NEWS UPDATE
Garrett Gonzales and I will be previewing the weekend and covering the news of the past week tonight on Wrestling Observer Radio. Bryan and I will be doing shows tomorrow after UFC, Sunday after Takeover and Monday after Raw.
Want to wish our best to Bill Eadie, best known under names like Demolition Ax, Masked Superstar, Super Machine and Bolo Mongol, who was one of the top names in pro wrestling in the late 70s and through the 80s, who is suffering from heart-related issues.
Smackdown tonight has Chad Gable & Otis vs. Street Profits, Kevin Owens & Big E vs. Apollo Crews & Sami Zayn and Bayley interviewing Seth Rollins. For 205 Live is Ari Sterling & Asher Hale vs. Tony Nese & Ariya Daivari and Sunil Singh vs. Grayson Walker (formerly Matty Walhberg in Australia who played Ric Flair in an episode of Young Rock).
AEW at 10 p.m. Eastern on TNT tonight:
- Appearing are Don Callis, Cody Rhodes and The Pinnacle
- Lance Archer vs. ?
- Nyla Rose vs. Leyla Hirsch
- Adam Page & 10 vs. Brian Cage & Powerhouse Hobbs
- Christian Cage vs. Angelico
- Miro vs. Evil Uno for TNT title
- Young Bucks & Brandon Cutler vs. Penta & Pac & Eddie Kingston
Bellator tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern on Showtime:
- Demarques Jackson (170) vs. Mark Lemminger (170.5)
- Aaron Pico (145.75) vs. Aiden Lee (145)
- Paul Daley (175) vs. Jason Jackson (175)
- Douglas Lima (169.75) vs. Yaroslav Amasov (170) for the welterweight title
On paper this looks like a very exciting show with Pico, Daley and Lima all high-action fighters and Amasov as a challenger for the title comes in at 25-0.
Invicta runs an eight-woman one-night tournament for an Atomweight title shot on AXS tonight. It will also air on YouTube live:
First round matches as voted by the fans are:
- Paulina Granados (105.9) vs. Marisa Messer-Belenchia (105.4)
- Jillian DeCoursey (105.5) vs. Linda Mihalec (105.9)
- Lindsey VanZandt (105.8) vs. Katie Perez (105.3)
- Jessica Delboni (105.6) vs. Samantha Seff (105.9)
UFC 263 is tomorrow from Phoenix:
ESPN+ at 6 p.m. Eastern:
- Carlos Felipe (262.5) vs. Jake Collier (264.5)
- Fares Ziam (156.5) vs. Luigi Vendramini (155.5)
- Chase Hooper (145.5) vs. Steven Peterson (148.5) - Peterson forfeits 20 percent of his purse for missing weight
- Matt Frevola (155) vs. Terrance McKinney (155.5)
- Pannie Kianzad (135.5) vs. Alexis Davis (134.5)
ESPN at 8 p.m. Eastern:
- Movar Evloev (145.5) vs. Hakemm Dowodu (145.5)
- Lauren Murphy (125.5) vs. Joanne Calderwood (125)
- Eryk Anders (205) vs. Darren Stewart (204.5)
- Drew Dober (154) vs. Brad Riddell (155)
PPV at 10 p.m. Eastern:
- Paul Craig (204.5) vs. Jamahal Hill (205.5)
- Demian Maia (170.5) vs. Belal Muhammad (170.5)
- Leon Edwards (170.5) vs. Nate Diaz (170) in five round non-title fight
- Deiveson Figueiredo (125) vs. Brandon Moreno (125) for flyweight title
- Israel Adesanya (183.5) vs Marvin Vettori (184.5) for middleweight title
Lauren Murphy tweeted that everyone was told that if they so much as touch their opponent with anything more than a fist bump, handshake or high five at the ceremonial weigh-ins that they will be pulled from the show, fined and suspended. So no more pushing and shoving.
AEW in Canada tonight is on TSN 2 even though it is listed in some cable guides as WNBA Basketball in the time slot. So this could hurt ratings since the wrong show is listed.
Stardom runs Ota Ward Gym in Tokyo with a PPV show which starts at 3 a.m. tomorrow morning Eastern time. This will be the first time they've offered PPVs from Japan in English. You can order the show at this link.
- Utami Hayahishita vs. Syuri for the Wonder of Stardom title
- Cinderella tournament finals
- Mayu Iwatani & Starlight Kid & Rin Kadokura & Hanan & Koguma vs. Natsuko Tora & Konami & Saki Kashima & Fukigen Death & Ruaka
- Giulia & Natsupoi vs. Momo Watanabe & AZM vs. Tam Nakano & Mina Shirakawa
- Himeka vs. Saya Kamitani in a Cinderella tournament semifinal
- Maika vs. Unagi Sayaka in a Cinderella tournament semifinal
- Rina vs. Hina vs. Lacy C
CMLL has the first of three weeks of the Torneo Increíbles de Parejas, with the idea of tag teams of guys who usually feud with each other at Arena Mexico tonight. The teams tonight are Cuatrero & Dark Panther, Hechicero & Stuka Jr., Gran Guerrero & Mistico, Cancerbero & Espiritu Negro, Atlantis & Negro Casas, Volador Jr. & Templario, Titan & Dragon Rojo Jr. and Valiente & Gemelo Diablo I.
New Japan Strong at 10 p.m. tonight on New Japan World:
- Jordan Clearwater & Misterioso vs. Fred Yehi & Wheeler Yuta
- Alex Coughlin vs. Hikuleo
- Rocky Romero & Lio Rush vs. The DKC & Clark Connors
Impact Against All Odds takes place tomorrow night on Impact+ and FITE TV with Kenny Omega vs. Moose for the Impact title as the main event plus Deonna Purrazzo vs. Rosemary for the Knockouts title.
PWInsider reported Ronda Rousey was filming and hosting episodes of the ESPN+ show "Peyton's Place" at the 2300 Arena with Paul Heyman and Devon Dudley talking about ECW history.
- Even though the A&E Biography series on WWE has concluded the Most Wanted Treasures show will air this weekend but a two-hour show at 8 p.m. featuring two AEW names, Mark Henry and Paul Wight, with the idea that they are looking for Andre the Giant items.
- PWInsider reported that Shawn Daivari has been hired by WWE as a producer. He had worked this past week with Billy Corgan's NWA as a producer and formerly held the job with WWE prior to the pandemic cuts.
- Cesaro talked to the Hindustan Times where he said that while there are guys who can lift heavier weights in the gym than he can, that he is the strongest guy in WWE when it comes to strength inside the ring. (thanks to Mike Kuzmuk)
- Steve Austin will be doing a signing with Highspots and American Icon Autographs the first week of August in California.
- The Milwaukee Brewers announced a WWE Night for their 9/25 game against the New York Met. Fans attending will get a Bob Uecker Bobblehead. Uecker was a mediocre player who became famous for being a funny announcer, and has a wrestling tie-in since he announced at WrestleMania III and was put in the WWE Hall of Fame in 2010.
- Taz underwent undisclosed surgery earlier today.
- ROH TV this weekend has Tracy Williams & Rhett Titus defending the tag titles against Dragon Lee & Kenny King.
- United Wrestling Coalition on Saturday in Wrightstown, NJ at Kelly's Bar with shows at 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. outdoors.
- CWE returns to Saskatchewan for the first time in 17 months with shows on 7/21 in Prince Albert, SK, 7/22 in Saskatoon, 7/23 in Regina and 7/24 in Weyburn.
- Innovate Wrestling Fire on the Mountain on 8/14 in Kingsport, TN at the Civic Auditorium.
- Showtime will be airing the Floyd Mayweather vs. Jake Paul exhibition fight tomorrow night.
- AAW tonight on Fite TV from 115 Bourbon Street in Merrionette Park, IL is headlined by Mance Warner vs. Jake Something for the AAW title and Kris Statlander vs. The Hyan for the women's title. The show starts at 8:30 p.m. Eastern time. AAW also has announced they return to the Logan Square Auditorium in Chicago on 9/2 and that the Jim Lyman Memorial tournament will be 10/29 and 10/30.
- AIW on 6/18 in Cleveland at the Odeon Concert Club with Matt Cardona, Brian Myers, Mark Sterling and Swoggle.
- Pro Wrestling Phoenix tonight in Omaha, NE at the Waiting Room Lounge.
- DAZN and Matchroom have signed a deal where they will air a series of boxing shows live from Mexico with Canelo Promotions, with the first show on 6/26 from Guadalajara.
- Pro Wrestling Australia on Sunday has a live show on FITE with Aussie Open vs. Robbie Eagles & Mat Diamond and PWWA champion Jessica Troy against Sam Osborne.
- Aramis defends his Warrior Wrestling Lucha title on 7/17 in Chicago Heights, IL against Daga, his trainer, plus Lance Archer vs. Robert Ego Anthony managed by Frank the Clown. Those under 16 are admitted free.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Okada vs. Omega II
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today