The Latest News
- Natalya vs. Ruby Riott tables match set for WWE TLC
- Larry 'The Axe' Hennig passes away at 82
- VIDEO: WWE ARRIVAL featuring Matt Riddle, episode 3
- NJPW World Tag League: Updated standings and results after day 15
- Dana White: Ostovich 'totally cool' fighting on same show as Greg Hardy
- NXT UK results: Travis Banks returns against Wolfgang
- NJPW World Tag League results: Best Friends vs. Guerrillas of Destiny
- NXT title match announced for TakeOver: Phoenix
- Report: UFC to move Henry Cejudo-TJ Dillashaw to ESPN+ debut
The Latest Audio
- WOL: Larry Hennig, Smackdown ratings, UFC issues, more! 12/6
- Wrestling Weekly: MLW, ROH, NWA, All Elite, 2019 moves 12/6
- The Eyada Years: Jacques Rougeau on the history of Montreal wrestling 12/6
- WOR: Dynamite Kid, Vince changes RAW, Smackdown, ratings, more! 12/6
We're looking for reports on tonight's WWE show in Buenos Aries, Argentina as well as for tonight's NXT shows in Milwaukee and Dade City, FL to email@example.com.
IMPACT TONIGHT AT 10 P.M. ON POP TV
- Johnny Impact & Taya Valkyrie vs. Moose & Tessa Blanchard
NEW JAPAN WORLD TAG LEAGUE FROM AKITA AT 5 A.M. EASTERN FRIDAY MORNING ON NEW JAPAN WORLD
- Zack Sabre Jr. & Taichi vs. Togi Makabe & Toa Henare
- Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka
- Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Chuckie T & Baretta
- Yuji Nagata & Manabu Nakanishi vs. Shota Umino & Ayato Yoshida
- Michael Elgin & Jeff Cobb vs. Hangman Page & Yujiro Takahashi
- Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano
- Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Evil & Seiya Sanada
- Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kazuchika Okada & Kushida & Rocky Romero vs. Jay White & Bad Luck Fale & Taiji Ishimori & Gedo
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Looking ahead to 2019
As we enter December, it feels like 2019 has been cemented as an absolutely pivotal year for the immediate future of professional wrestling. The global arms race for talent continued this past week. It was confirmed that WALTER, who is legitimately one of the best wrestlers in the world, has signed with WWE. He's been signed for NXT's United Kingdom brand and could play a part in the potential NXT Germany.
WON NEWSLETTER: December 10, 2018 Observer Newsletter: Death of Dynamite Kid
A look at the life of Dynamite Kid is the lead story in this week's issue of the Wrestling Observer.
Look at his influence on the industry, his in-ring sacrifices, read comments from Bret Hart & Julie Hart, a look at his early days and his arrival in Stampede Wrestling, and his explosion of popularity in Japan.
Also look at Vince McMahon's latest stock sale, as well as co-President George Barrios selling stock.
Read about the decision to flip flop Takeover and the Hall of Fame ceremony in April. Look at awards given to Cena, wrestlers and charity work, and more on the restrictions placed on U.K.
Look more at the XFL and the battle with the AAF that Vince McMahon is going to have starting next spring.
Examine UFC's decision to sign Greg Hardy and debut him on the same show as Rachael Ostovich and the marketing behind both fights.
Read the update on the New Japan tag team tournament tour with results, business notes, lineups, the Tanahashi & Okada tag team and more.
This issue has an update on the WWE TLC show, with the card, plus ticket sale updates.
Read full coverage of both UFC shows from the past week, with match-by-match coverage and business notes on both shows.
Also look at the PPV numbers for Liddell vs. Ortiz what lessons is teaches.
There is also coverage of AAA's Guerra de Titanes and ICW's Fear and Loathing.
Read more on the MMA debut of the former Jack Swagger.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to Dave Meltzer, or by using PayPal directing funds to Dave@WrestlingObserver.com.
Rates in the United States are $13 for 4 issues, $32 for 12, $61 for 24, $101 for 40 and $131 for 52. In Canada and Mexico, rates are $14.50 for 4, $35 for 12, $67 for 24, $111 for 40 and $144 or 52. In Europe, you can get the fastest delivery and best rates by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org. For the rest of the world, rates are $16.50 for 4, $44 for 12, $85 for 24, $141 for 40 issues and $183 for 52. If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order (P.O. Box 1228, Campbell, CA 95009-1228), you can get $1 off in every price range.)
If you are a new subscriber ordering 24 or more issues, you can choose one free classic issue or two free classic issues with a 40-issue subscription.
THURSDAY NEWS UPDATE
Brian Cage and Melissa Santos got engaged last night at the Bar Wrestling show in Los Angeles.
Alison Brie, who stars in the Netflix series "GLOW", was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Musical of Comedy series.
Caristico, who was to headline tomorrow night's Arena Mexico show against Ultimo Guerrero, is out of action with a hip injury he's been working with but got worse in that great six-man tag team title match on Friday night. Volador Jr. steps into the spot, which actually makes for an even stronger main event and Volador vs. Guerrero matches while often pretty similar, are always great.
MLW will be announcing one of its WrestleMania main events at a press conference in one week.
Shinjiro Otani will be coming in for WrestleMania week for Joey Janela's Game Changer Wrestling, as well as shows for Absolute Intense Wrestling and Nova Pro Wrestling.
John Pollock wrote a great story on Dynamite Kid.
Here's a trailer released for a documentary on the Australian NJPW tour. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
- WWE said that 205 Live will continue to air on Wednesday at least through the end of the year on the WWE Network rather than move back to Tuesday after Mixed Match Challenge ends with its final episode of the season this coming Tuesday night. No decision has been made regarding 2019.
- WWE will partner with the Special Olympics World Games in 2019 in Abu Dhabi. The event takes place form 3/14 to 3/21.
- The Hanson NXT injury is storyline.
- The Rhyno retirement is also storyline.
- For the weekend UFC coverage of the PPV show on Saturday, FOX will have Tyron Woodley, Rashad Evans and Brendan Fitzgerald in studio in Los Angeles. The announcing team on site will be Jon Anik, Joe Rogan and Paul Felder, while Megan Olivi will be doing the interviews.
- A story on UFC from The Guardian about the pay issues.
- Progress Wrestling runs this weekend with a Saturday night show at The Ritz in Manchester, UK which is sold out and a Sunday show in Sheffield at the O2 Academy which is virtually sold out. LAX vs. CCK headlines Saturday night with the winners facing Aussie Open for the tag team titles Sunday. Also on Sunday is Walter vs. Shigehiro Irie for the Progress title and Toni Storm vs. Jordynne Grace.
- A correction from the Observer in the note about the death of Doug Dearborn. His wrestling name was Rex Lethal, not Rex Lawless.
- Bar Wrestling results from last night at the Bootleg Theater in Los Angeles: Willie Mack won three-way over Ray Rosas and a third guy, Heather Monroe b Rebel Kel, Eli Everfly & Delilah Doom b Scorpio Sky & Eric Watts, PJ Black b Eli Drake, Brian Cage & Luchasaurus b Yuma & Kevin Martinsen, Peter Avalon b Joey Ryan in a thumb wrestling match (since both are injured), LAX b Brody King & Tyler Bateman. (thanks to Shannon Walsh)
- Rush vs. Sammy Guevara will headline tomorrow night's MLW television show on Bein Sports.
- AAW's last show in LaSalle, IL at the Knights of Columbus Hall (which no longer wants wrestling) will be Saturday night with Brody King vs. Eddie Kingston for the AAW title, Trevor Lee vs. DJZ for the Heritage title, Kylie Rae vs. Savanna Stone for the women's title, Darby Allin vs. Jimmy Jacobs in a street fight, ACH & Mat Fitchett & Davey Vega vs. David Starr & Curt Stallion & Jake Something, Paco & Boz vs. Stephen Wolf & Connor Braxton, AR Fox & Myron Reed & Ace Romero vs. Dezmond Xavier & Zachary Wentz & Trey Miguel plus a Battle Royal.
- Bandit Wrestling on 12/26 in Knoxville, TN at D-1 Knoxville Sports headlined by OVE from Impact.
- Rescue Mania on 12/28 in Lyndhurst, NJ at the Lyndhust Rec Center at 862 Valley Brooke Ave.
- CWE on 1/4 in Winnipeg at Rookie's Sports Bar headlined by Tommy Dreamer. They also run 12/13 in Landmark Manitoba at the Kinsman Landmark Community Centre.
- Powerslam.TV has addled Appalachian Mountain Wrestling, Backbreaker Media and Empire State Wrestling shows this week.
- The MPWA show listed in Monday's update that was scheduled for Friday night in Royal Oak, MI has been canceled due to low ticket sales. The group instead will be running a how on 1/25 in Monroe, MI. (thanks to Leonard Brand)
- Robbie Eagles and Gino Gambino headline for Impact Pro on 12/15 in Auckland, New Zealand.
- Frankie Kazarian headlines for All Star Wrestling on Saturday night in Surrey, BC.
- Hangtime, an interactive social game show network app and Impact has trivia games at 7:30 p.m. Eastern every Saturday night hosted by Impact personalities. The games are free to play and you can win points that can be redeemed for cash, Impact merchandise and Impact tickets.
- New School Wrestling on 12/27 in Oshawa,ONT at 15 Harmony Rd at 7 p.m.
- USA Championship Wrestling on Saturday night in Jackson, TN at the Oman Arena with Doug Gilbert defending the USA title against Kevin Zion and Matt Riviera in a $5,000 bodyslam challenge with Big Gravy. They also tape TV at Studio A in the Oman Arena on Sunday at 3 p.m.
- NGW on 12/14 in Hull, UK at Hull City Hall with Justin Sysum defending the NGW title against Rampage Brown, plus Nathan Cruz vs. Adam Maxted.
- A story on a former GLOW wrestler who is now a Hollywood stunt director. (thanks to Barry Werner)
- Here's the Jacques Rougeau show we did talking about his problems with Dynamite Kid.
- Eli Drake is on FWA's February 2nd show in Sydney.
- Third week of 1Fall Entertainment's tapings in Melbourne were cancelled. They say they'll be back next year. Nick Bury and Kaz Jordan won their tag titles and Lochy Hendricks defended the belt against Adam Brooks. They had a lot of trouble with the ring.
- The B Plus has an interview with Low Ki.
- DCT from ICW in Scotland has moved to Melbourne. His first booked match is against Mad Dog for the BCW title on March 1st. (thanks to Kevin Chiat)
Daily Pro Wrestling History: Jushin Liger wins IWGP Junior Heavyweight title on NItro
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!