- Interim middleweight title fight set for UFC 236
- Marty Scurll vs. Kenny King official for ROH 17th Anniversary PPV
- Lucha Underground's Sexy Star signs MMA deal with Combate Americas
- WWE hyping announcements for 205 Live, NXT
- Kofi Kingston front-runner to face Daniel Bryan at WWE Fastlane
- EVOLVE reveals Ricochet's matches for March shows
- WWE Raw video highlights: Four NXT stars debut
- Giant Baba memorial show results: Tanahashi, Miyahara face off
- Women's tag titles to be defended on WWE Raw, SmackDown & NXT
- Ricochet, Gargano, Ciampa & Black debut on WWE Raw
- Daniel Bryan's Fastlane opponent to be revealed on WWE SmackDown
- DragonKingKarl Greatest Kayfabe Tournament: Omega vs. Bockwinkel 2/19
- WOL: NXT debuts, Smackdown, Kofi Kingston, RAW, more! 2/19
- Pacific Rim: Review of Giant Baba memorial show from Tokyo 2/19
- WOR: WrestleMania, RAW, muscle memory and PEDs, more! 2/19
F4W NEWSLETTER: Figure Four Weekly: Kenny Omega signs with AEW
While it had become expected leading into the announcement, that doesn't make Kenny Omega joining All Elite Wrestling any less of a vital move for the start-up company.
Omega signing with AEW was confirmed at last week's Double or Nothing ticket announcement party in Las Vegas. Omega signed a four-year deal that allows him to still wrestle for New Japan Pro Wrestling if he wants to (and if NJPW will have him). And in addition to his in-ring role, Omega will serve alongside Cody Rhodes and The Young Bucks as an executive vice president of the promotion.
WON NEWSLETTER: February 18, 2019 Observer Newsletter: Death of Pedro Morales
I don’t expect more than a few more weeks of this format of Observers.
WWE grossed $930,160,000 and turned a $98,719,000 profit in 2018, both company records. Last year the company set a revenue record of $800,959,000 and turned a $32,116,000 profit.
Pedro Morales, best known for his three-year run as WWWF champion from 1971-73, passed away on 2/12 at Raritan Bay Medical Center in Perth Amboy, NJ, where he had been hospitalized for two weeks. He was 78 and had been battling Parkinson’s Disease for several years.
NJPW New Beginnings: As a legit shoot, while NJPW almost always sells out Edion Arena for big shows, they comped less and opened up more seats so this number was the highest since the 2015 show headlined by Hiroshi Tanhashi vs. A.J. Styles.
UFC 234 - Chaos erupted the day of UFC 234, the first UFC pay-per-view offering of 2019, at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia, causing dramatic change unheard of when it comes to UFC pay-per-view events.
It is now official that Kenny has signed with AEW.
Mustafa Ali's eyeball got busted open and really messed up after a Garvin stomp by Randy Orton on SD Tuesday night.
Dwayne Johnson said he was the first choice to host the Oscars this year. But he said he couldn’t make it work due to the timing of shooting the Jumanji sequel.
Roman Reigns (Joe Anoa'i) will be making an appearance on a Nickelodeon series next month.
ORDERING INFO: Order the print Wrestling Observer right now and get it delivered via mail, by sending your name, address, Visa or Master Card number and an expiration date to email@example.com or by going to www.paypal.com directing funds to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rates in the United States are $14.50 for 4 issues, $35.50 for 12, $70 for 24, $116 for 40 and $149.50 for 52.
In Canada and Mexico, the rates are $16 for 4, $27 for 8, $38.50 for 12, $76 for 24, $126 for 40 and $162.50 for 52.
For the rest of the world, rates are $18 for 4, $48.50 for 12, $93 for 24, $155 for 40 and $201.50 for 52.
If you order by mail with a check, cash or money order to P.O. Box 1228, Campbell,CA 95009-1228, you can get $1 off in every price range.
TUESDAY NEWS UPDATE
- SmackDown tonight will be at the Smoothie King Center in New Orleans, Louisiana. The key segment tonight will name Daniel Bryan’s opponent for Fastlane. The Miz will also issue a “public apology” after he and Shane McMahon lost the SmackDown tag team titles to the Usos on Sunday.
- Johnny Gargano, Tommaso Ciampa, Aleister Black and Ricochet have been moved to the main roster section of WWE.com.
- Rikishi on Instagram hinted about the Usos possibly becoming free agents soon.
- Charlotte’s arm is not looking great after taking crutch shots from Becky Lynch on Sunday.
- CMLL is heading back to Televisa on Canal 9, taking AAA’s old time slot on Saturday afternoons. The first show, which will air matches from the upcoming 2/22 event, will air on 3/2 at 2 p.m. There will be more information regarding the move on CMLL's talk show Informa tomorrow.
- It was also announced that Tetsuya Naito will be heading back to CMLL on 3/29.
- Additional tickets for Double or Nothing that were initially held for production went on sale and sold out today. Cody Rhodes noted that it’s possible they’ll free up more space as they make production changes.
- All Elite Wrestling’s Twitter account congratulated Billy Gunn on being part of the 2019 WWE Hall of Fame class with D-Generation X. Gunn is working for AEW as a producer.
- The Sporting News interviewed The Young Bucks about the launch of AEW.
- The Hart Foundation will defend their MLW Tag Team titles against MJF & Richard Holliday at Intimidation Games in Cicero, Illinois on March 2.
- MLW announced that they’ll be returning to Cicero on July 6.
- The NWA uploaded Nick Aldis’ title defense against PJ Black from ROH.
- Don Frye and Keiji Muto recently visited Yoshihiro Takayama in the hospital.
- According to Cris Cyborg’s manager Audie Attar, she is looking to lock down a new contract and fight at UFC 237 on May 11. “The hopes are we can get a new deal done with the UFC, but time will tell on whether that is achievable or not,” Attar said. “We haven’t received any official fight offer but she would love to fight in her hometown. We’ve had some soft discussions about her next fight and her future. She’d love to fight for the UFC.”
- Stipe Miocic is still gunning for a title rematch against Daniel Cormier, noting that UFC 236 still doesn’t have a main event.
- Paul Felder was hoping to be released from the hospital today after suffering a collapsed lung during his fight against James Vick, but manager Brian Butler says that they are keeping him in the hospital in order to run more tests.
- Daniel Straus, who hasn’t fought in Bellator since a 2017 motorcycle accident, will reportedly return next month to face Shane Kruchten in a lightweight bout.
Daily Pro Wrestling History: WCW Superbrawl V
Ed in San Antonio presents the WRESTLEMANIAWeekend Events (more to be added):
- Sunday, April 6th, at 12:00 pm: Lunch (all you can eat) at Churrascaria Plataforma ($90 per person), located at 316 W. 49th street in Manhattan. Purchase tickets here~!
- Luxury Bus to MetLife Stadium for Wrestlemania: We will depart from the Hilton Midtown (site of Wrestlecon) located at 1335 Avenue of the Americas. Departure time is 4:00 pm and will return from MetLife approximately 30 mins after the event. Times are subject to change, and cost $67.00 per person for the round trip. Purchase tickets here~!
- Poll opinions: email@example.com
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Show results and news tips: email@example.com
- Wrestling Observer Radio questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Support the Empire~! with F4W shirts. Grab yours today!